tory

Pricing large Coroplast sign

I need some help pricing a 48x72 coroplast sign, please. It is all lettering and double sided. He is going to put this outside within a wood frame. My concern is how long a sign this large is going to last even if stabilized with a wood frame? Would I still use oracal 651? I appreciate any input, he wants this by tomorrow no less.

this from uncleroys.com

48 X 72  24  $ 222

(Add 25% for Chrome lettering, 50% for Reflective and 50% for Double sided)

Great pricing chart, seems to be right where I recently priced a banner. Is this site pretty accurate for pricing all substrates? And have you ever made an outdoor sign this large using coroplast? Did it hold up esp since winter is around the corner. Thanks so much, helps a great deal.

Nonabelle, it said to add 50% for a dbl sided so that would be $333. Is that more what you were thinkin?

There is a bar/grill 3 blocks from me that has had a coroplast sign up (4x6) for about 6 years,maybe longer. Still looks great. Anything man can make,nature can destroy.I've seen $30,000 steel and plexiglass signs blown over in a good wind. It's all relative. 6 weeks ago, a nice little storm rolled through here,took out McDonalds signage,the Texaco station across then street...but a Coca Cola banner hanging at the station remained intact.Except for grave markers,there really isn't anything that would be permanant signage.

Core, I take that to mean $222 + $111(50% of $222)=$333?

In the end my client went w the largest Wind Sign from Feller's. He can insert 2- 28x40 coroplast signs into it. Makes for a nicer look and he can change out the signs as needed. Paid $300 total for the sidewalk stand and 2 coroplast signs. Whatcha think? Did I do ok for my first sign (coroplast) sale? Talk bout pressure, I have to deliver this by tomorrow morning. It is all lettering, although hopefully I can find a burst for the "25 cent" sign. Thanks, I'll let ya know if I plan to make another after this. :thumbsup:

There is a bar/grill 3 blocks from me that has had a coroplast sign up (4x6) for about 6 years,maybe longer. Still looks great. Anything man can make,nature can destroy.I've seen $30,000 steel and plexiglass signs blown over in a good wind. It's all relative. 6 weeks ago, a nice little storm rolled through here,took out McDonalds signage,the Texaco station across then street...but a Coca Cola banner hanging at the station remained intact.Except for grave markers,there really isn't anything that would be permanant signage.

My recommendation that it better be temporary (short term, or mobile to get put away during storms) is based on the fact he said two-sided.  Which means very susceptible to wind damage.

Attached to a wall is one thing, but being out in the open with coroplast is not a good idea.

Good example, if more durable materials can still be damaged....why rely on something less durable?  Are you really advocating coroplast as long-term and permanently mounted sign substrate when exposed to both sides?

NO.I'm advocating doing what the customer wants and letting him find out for himself.

IT's easy to give negative advice from afar. I've had the experience. From your posts,DD, I didn't think you would touch coroplast. Too 'cheap'.

How about some positive advice every now and then?

Well I wouldn't touch it for a permanently mounted long term 4'x8' sign that's for sure.

Sorry if my advice comes off negative.  I have a habit of using short sentences, because I feel that's all that's needed.

He asked about durability, my advice was I hope it's a temporary sign.