I got my LP24 (I named him Harry Plotter) yesterday and couldn't wait to get it together...Slowly I pieced it together between innings of the Phillies game...Found online instructions, but I think they were written by Confusious, b/c I had to reread them 10x's and then retranslate them! Anyway, I got it together and was up & running in no time! WAY TOO EASY! I am a pessimistic person and I was sure I'd hit snags and break things in no time...but nope!

Then of course what arrives in the mail today...A well written, crystal clear owners manual with SBE from USCutter. That coulda saved me time (but I am impatient), but all's well that ends well...

So far my only problem is figuring out SBE...Not crazy about it, but I JUST STARTED using it. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it! I won't be one of those ppl that curse a program b/c they tried to use it a couple times and couldn't get the hang of it...(like some of my Adobe friends)

Just figured I'd post this b/c waiting for my LP, I read a ton of "I can't get my LP to work" threads and was waiting to be on that boat...BUT NO, THINGS COULD NOT HAVE GONE EASIER! SO FAR SO GOOD! *crosses fingers*

Thanks to everyone heres help! Wether you know it or not (just from my random searches), your posts helped me prepare!

Congrats on Harry!

Keep us posted on your progress... I'll be knocking on wood for you  :thumbsup:

Thanks haumana! I'll post up pics when I get some time to do so...

PS~ I was reading the meaning of your name, I really enjoyed it. It kinda fits my mentality...

I had the same experience with mine.  Box--->cut in ~3 hours.  Viva USCutter!

Regarding SBE, if you can, just use Illustrator and cut/paste, it works like magic for me.

Regarding SBE, if you can, just use Illustrator and cut/paste, it works like magic for me.

I use Corel...Had some problems cut/pasting, but my files were pretty complicated and involved. I just exported/imported them to make it work. Still have one design that is problematic!  :'(

Fbomb,

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that got off to a great start.

One hour after opening the box, I was cutting decals for my kids!

The stand could be a big pain for some people, though I have 14 years of experience putting fixtures together without instructions, so it made sense to me.

Thought that I would also suggest Inkscape.  I have been using it for months now, and for free, it is one h3ll of a program. 

Make sure you keep us updated, and post some work too.

Muttley

Cheers to us...!

Muttley, I've been using Corel for 12 or so years now (its what my 9-5 uses)...So I can rip through most designs with ease. I might take a look at Inkscape since its free, I also use Illy when a customer provides an AI file I can't import properly...

I can't wait to have some time to REALLY get my hands dirt on this machine! But I have a ton of screenprinting to do and still am working on getting some kind of workshop/app table set up...

nice! i like the harry plotter. i am not really one to name things. but i placed a "beer friday" sticker in about the same location as your hp. the first sticker i placed on my lp was my initials. did the same thing to my laptop and cell phone in different fonts. i too was up and running within about an hour or so of opening the box, when i brought my plotter home.

bb

Guest Dr_Jeff

what is the name of the font used for harry plotter ?