Sign in to follow this  
kefallinos

Vinyl over Vinyl?

Hello!

I have a question,can you put a vinyl decal over an other ?

for example,lets say I want to make a target like this

20000522target.gif

I know it is a bettet way to to make such a decal but I just want to know this case how it goes

Yes you can. It is called layers. It is better and easier than reserving the space for the red and try to exactly fit it there.

For that decal I would simply cut a white circle and then the red circles and put them over the white.

JC

I'd actually do the white on top of the red on this one. Either way will work, but you have no margin for error with the white on red.

Here I would think if he wants the black THAN there is no margin for error.

Thanks all of you guys,that was realy fast reply!

something else,is there a protective film that you put on the multi layer decal?

becose the film layers will do steps,so if you put it outdoors it will be easier to

harmed - what do you usually do in such a case?

I usually just leave it like that. I have never put any protective film to layered decals or any decal.

Lets se what others say.

I have never put on any protective coating over a layered decal (even though I heard of a few that has) but to me, it causes the top layer to have bubbles.

Depending on the vinyl used...it will be fine exposed to outside elements.

Guest sciondrgn

I do a lot of 2-3 color/layer car decals that goes on windshields/cars and such with no problems so far.

I have never put anything over the layers. I suppose you could put clear over it. You could also use an edge sealing pen if say its on a back window in the wiper path or something.

My gf has a decal I made for her in the path of her back window's wiper and its been there for over a year and a half and havent lifted. I used Oracal 651.

Joe

Oh I agree with that one Joe. I have my web address and my logo (its a spider web) on the back of my explorer. Its just some 641 I put on there. It has held up fine with no issues (wiper washing and all). Previously I had a big alpine decal on there for 5yrs or so. Has any on here used the edge pen though? I was curios if would help in extreme weather conditions on vehicle that get power washed regularly.

in window stancil outdoor the is some fear of some of my costemers that boring kids  will peal the vynil..

it this case ya shoulde cut the grafhic miror stayle & apply from the inside