Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

HELP WITH FILE FORMATS /FLEX NEWBIE PLSSSSSSS

Hello All,

Appreciate you taking the time to reading my post.

Well i have my new/old  pcut 24 inch with Flexisign 7.5 Apprentice. All is going well ,its my first machine and i have set it up with little trouble.Seems to be cutting ok as well..I just need help on understanding why and how do i  get imported files like Bit map & Gif etc to work on my design pad.You can import them in and when you go to cut ,it say "not cuttable object with current setting".Sometimes you cant even see them.I have read up on file formats on the instruction but thats not well written.

Would really appreciate if someone can run me through the process of importing the file and altering to allow the cutter to cut.I read up on vectorizing ,i not familar on how to do this with FLEXI Apprentice.Or maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the support and looking forward to getting over this hurdle........

Cheers,

PJ

Hello All,

Appreciate you taking the time to reading my post.

Well i have my new/old  pcut 24 inch with Flexisign 7.5 Apprentice. All is going well ,its my first machine and i have set it up with little trouble.Seems to be cutting ok as well..I just need help on understanding why and how do i  get imported files like Bit map & Gif etc to work on my design pad.You can import them in and when you go to cut ,it say "not cuttable object with current setting".Sometimes you cant even see them.I have read up on file formats on the instruction but thats not well written.

Would really appreciate if someone can run me through the process of importing the file and altering to allow the cutter to cut.I read up on vectorizing ,i not familar on how to do this with FLEXI Apprentice.Or maybe point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the support and looking forward to getting over this hurdle........

Cheers,

PJ

I have FLEXI,, and use it daily,,  your bitmap and jpeg have to be converted  to ai/ eps/  before it can be cut,  you cannot just send raster images to Flexi and cut them...possibly import into  inkscape  and convert to vector  or use Adobe Illustrator and trace and convert to vector,,  but anyway you go the image has to be in vector format to cut the image...