Sign in to follow this  
woodrow

P-Cut, FlexiStarter 8.5, USB troubleshooting

I bought the CT 1200 from a hurricane refugee week before last. He demonstrated it with SignBlazer before disconnecting it. I got no software, just the cables and manual. After asking here, I bought FlexiStarter 8.5 from USCutter. I have only USB ports on the cutter and the computer (XP Pro). Please, no use the serial cable solutions. :thumbsup: I've spent about 5 hours reading here trying to solve things myself.

The problem: it appears to be sending the job to the cutter; percent counts up to 100. Then I get message "write port error". I have tried all six USB ports and 1-4 comm ports. The cutter runs the test cut and the rectangle cut fine off-line. I don't know if I have a cutter, cable or software problem. I'm ruling out the cable because I used it on a printer just to test it. Likewise the computer ports. That leaves the cutter or the software. The cutter DID work. Am I missing some software that comes with a new cutter? If so, where is it available?

One other difficulty is I have no internet connection where the cutter is located. So, I'm running back and forth from the house to the shop.

I'm very discouraged reading all the problems with USB, especially when that is all I have.

Unlike some of the pros here, I'm not facing a deadline. I never thought it would take two weeks to get up and going though.

Guest sciondrgn

One thing to check is your baud rate setting. Make sure what is on the cutter is matching your software and driver settings. Typically 9600 baud

If you are connecting your cutter via a USB connection you must install the USB driver that came with your cutter first.

YOu can download it on the US Cutter website.

Levi called me back and suggested using CT 1200G even though my tag says CT 1200. That was the only thing I had not tried. Sweet success! Or does it just seem that way after a week of teeth grinding? :huh:

Thanks guys.