Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

Stupid Question?

I am trying to cut something that I created in Inkscape, but when I open it in Singcut there are a ton of marks through it. I think they are tiles and maybe weeding lines (they are red and blue)? Anyways, when I look at the print preview it wants to cut it all out seperatly. I just want one big thing cut out. I am guessing I need to turn off the tiles, but I don't know if I can or how to do that. Also, the online help sucks with this program. Does anyone else have a better help menu??

kristenssign.eps

kristenssign.eps

If it is different layers(or colors),it will want to cut each layer separatly. You need to highlight it and make the entire image black before you send to cut. Ayway,that's what I have to do with Flexi. I assume the same for SignCut.

Okay, maybe I am misunderstaning what you are saying? I have my line height and width backwards?? Can you re-write? I am not understanding. Maybe I should clarify what the problems is. I see red and blue dashes lines. I thought these were tiles and weeding lines. HELP! I have not tried to cut it yet. Should I just try???

It opened in SignCut just fine for me. How big were you planning to make this sign? The lines can usually be removed by clicking on Edit, then Delete, as long as you are not trying to make the sign really big, in which case SignCut puts in tile lines.

I am making the sign 5 inches tall and 23 inches long or something like that. No matter which way I do it, I have the blue tile lines and sometimes the red dahsed lines. Could I have clicked on something. It seems like no matter what I open, those lines are there. Help!!

Okay, what I think is going on is some how my vinyl size is set to 3.89 for length and width and it won't let me change this. Thus, this is why it is creating tiles. Who knows how to change this?? I have tried to highlight the numbers and change it, but then it goes right back to the numbers in there???

Sounds like your SignCut is in Test Mode. Need to register it properly.