Sign in to follow this  
ifingerpaint2

Where to buy Coreldraw

I have been using a free trial of coreldraw I downloaded from the corel site.Trieal has expired! :'(  I think I have learned to use it and feel like it is a good program, now for a purchase. I can buy it from corel for around $400.(downloaded right away)  or off Amazon for $312.+shipping, or I can get it on EBAY for around $100.-they say original program, but no original packaging?? A little nervous about why it is so cheap on EBAY, but I have yet to land a big job with my copam and money is pretty much non-existant! (thank goodness for plastic!) Any advise on the EBAY product??

Search a little deeper on ebay. I found a full blown 4 disc X3 version new in sealed factory packaging for just under $100 total. I was a bit apprehensive at first too.....the seller I found appeared as a legit software reseller out of IL.

Thanks for responding. I did do some more searching and found a full blown, in packaging program for $119. from a legit website. Hopefully it will come today so I can get some work done!

To answer one of your questions...when they say original program but not original packaging,it usually means an OEM copy. In other words, a copy designed to be installed on a computer at the factory. For instance, when you buy a DVD burner,you get (most of the time) a CD with Nero or some other program. But all you get is the CD. This is OEM and it is almost always the same program you get when you buy it in the retail box. Sometimes,it is specific to the drive,sometimes not.

YOu can get an OEM copy of windows XP for about $60,no box,etc. The same program at Walmart is maybe $179.

The BIG difference is,Microsoft gives no support on OEM copies. They tell you to contact the computer manufacturer. The same might be true with Corel OEM..no support.