Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

Signblazer not working

I downloaded the version from the website before i got my cutter.  I hooked up my PCUT a few days ago and just realized that the trial version doesn't have all of the features.  I was under the impression that it was the same as the full activated version except for the extra clicks through the menus.  Any idea how I can get this to work?

Yep, exactly the same whether it is activated or not. The features that you see missing are from the Pro version.

Instruction manual on the Signblazer Elements CD show all of the features and how to use them.  I guess I assumed the features in the instructions were for the software on the CD.  I guess I need to buy the Pro version or Flexi.

The Pro version has alot of printing features, but we do not sell printers. The Elements version has pretty much everything you will need for the vinyl cutting industry.

It seems like tools such as Dimensions, Registration marks, shape tools, and shadows would be options used for vinyl sign making.  Not available on the version I have?

I have both and rarely use the Pro version. There are some nice Text features and Manipulations that you don't get with Elements. The Pro version was given to me. I don't know if I would have spent the extra money because most of the extra features can be done with the Elements version and a couple extra steps.

The shadow tool is available. It is limited. There was a post telling how if you open the HotShot demo version included with Elements you can change the type of shadow effect and it will stay that way in the Elements version.

For registration marks I just create a circle or square and cut it on each layer.

Dimensions can be made with Text and the Draw + Arrow tool.

I guess I didn't even know the the Pro version had a Polygon/Star tool. Have never used it.

I almost bought a cutter that came with a version of Flexi but opted for the USCutter instead, mostly because of software. I would have had to spend $400 more (not including the higher priced cutter) to get some of the features that come with SignBlazer Elements.

Signblazer Pro has all the features that professional signwriters crave for. They actually assisted in developing it. 5000 users in Australia cannot be wrong

Cheers  Mobby