Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

Help with logo.

Started working on this the other day and I would love to get some feedback from anyone.  This is my first logo where I designed it myself.  Previous logos I've sent out to have designed.  Any help would be appreciated.  Feel free to post positive and negative comments.  I can take it.

post-3161-12986525053301_thumb.jpg

post-3161-12986525072117_thumb.jpg

Here is another with red and blue shadows.  Not sure which one I like better.

post-3161-12986525053692_thumb.jpg

post-3161-12986525072436_thumb.jpg

Hey snlsd I like the one with the shadaow the best for signs, but for printing I would go with the 1st version. I think you can work a bit with it, maybe play with the font and the arrangement of the .com and it will look better.  :thumbsup:

I like the first one best..but agree I would change the placement of .com

Agree!

What's does your SNL stand for?  When I see SNL, I think Saturday Night Live.

Agree!

What's does your SNL stand for?  When I see SNL, I think Saturday Night Live.

I do, too. Another thought...Simplify if you can. Stylize the letters or try a font with a bit more kick.

SNLSD......Steve Nathan Lori Samson Delilah.  I didn't think that SNLSD SIGNS sounded very catchy so I went with SNL SIGNS instead.  I was worried that people might associate SNL with Saturday Night Live, but maybe this would help them remember the website long enough to type it in from memory.  Especially if they see the logo on a sign or car when driving 55 mph down the road.  No time to write it down.  Well I changed the font to profil which has already has a shadow and move the .com underneath.  I attached the SBD and EPS  if anyone wants to play with it.  Thanks again for all of your comments.  Sometimes it helps to have a third opinion.

post-3161-12986525055029_thumb.jpg

logo3.EPS

LOGO3.SBD

post-3161-12986525072606_thumb.jpg

logo3.EPS

LOGO3.SBD

Here is another one.  I think I like this one the best.  I need to figure out how to clean it up so I can cut it.

post-3161-12986525062632_thumb.jpg

post-3161-12986525075491_thumb.jpg

I used Sign Blazer.  Basically I overlayed three ovals, blue, red and white.  Then I put the text over the white oval.  Is there another program I should use?  I have Inkscape, but I'm haven't learned all of the features yet.

I use signblazer and haven't had any issues with it. I also use XARA Xtreme which is super fast and easy. Logo 3 I think would be pretty easy to weed and mass produce. Looks good.

Don't mind at all.  Looks good.  Now I just have to decide which way to go.  It's so much easier designing someone else's logo.  :thumbsup: