Sign in to follow this  
signme

Cutting coraplast

I have been doing a lot of silk screened signs lately. 700 16 x 16 in a week. I have been using square and exacto to cut the down. I find it really time consuming. Is there a quicker way? I have thought about cutting them down with table saw, I could cut 5 sheets or so at a time. Has any one tried this?

Well thanks and any advice will be appreciated.

bruce

Have you investigated the option of just buying 18x18 sheets?  I've not messed with coroplast too much recently.  It's one of those things the screen printers have kinda stolen from the vinyl guys  :P

What do you think it costs you to make one round of 18x18 from a sheet?  Not including the time or anything, just a material cost...  (we WILL cover the labor though in a minute)

a 4x8 sheet makes 18 16"x16" signs where as 18"x18" makes ten a get a 4x8 sheet for 10.15 canadian I have never figure out why people sell 18x18 it just does not divide at 16x16 your cost for coraplast is almost half. You should try silk screening it is easy and makes good money. I get $2 - $3.50 per sign one color, and pay $35 to have image burnt on screen which customer pays.

Get one of these 'plasti-kuts', It slits coro real nice, even & easy (along the flutes, that is).

You'll still have to cross cut manually, but it will save you time

post-3055-12986524998304_thumb.jpg

post-3055-12986525017373_thumb.jpg