frogg

***URGENT*** cutting help needed

I have a PCut that will not cut correctly and a huge (500 decals) job due on friday morning. The problem is that it cuts fine on the left side but does not even seem to score the vinyl on the right side. I have tried everything I can think of. I changed the blade, adjusted the depth multiple times, adjusted the pressure and checked to make sure that the cutting rail thing on the bottom is even. It just started this tonite. I was cutting with it earlier just fine. I don't know what to do other than throw this thing out the window. I am very frustrated with the dealine approaching quickly. :huh::D :D

I will admit to having the same problem- like the cutting head track and table are not perfectly parallel, where I too get more penetration on the left side of the cutter versus the right. 

I'd like to hear some suggestions.  I have a call into support (but we're playing phone tag right now...)

Check to see if the tracking belt has somehow gotten off track. You should be able to visionally inspect the belt without taking anything apart.

I went through what you posted, Ken, and ensured everything was set correctly.  Also went through and looked over everything- to my eye, it's all good.  Got it all dialed in, but still having the same problem.

It can't be off much, but just enough where you can get a good cut in the middle of the cutter, but a "light" cut on the right side. (or conversely, cutting paper in the center, and getting a good cut on the right).  It's not a disaster, just makes weeding some of the stuff hell...  (mind you, I primarily use this for small cuts (as small as 3/16" letters).

I tried everything. I had used Popeyes pdf when I got the cutter a few months ago. It didn't help this time. I ended up having to buy a new cutter locally to get the job done in time. So now I have an extra cutter that won't cut right.

if you get the blade depth set correctly as well as the pressure.. it will cut the same from one side to the other.

Up your pressure.. if it cuts clear through the backer than the blade is set to deep..

3/16 should cut cleanly

IMHO

I'd like to "think" I have it correct, but will check again tonight, and try a few more things.  If it still don't work, I'll post what I'm doing & settings....

Thanks for the continued help, guys...

Maybe pull up the plastic cutting strip and reseat the puppy.

I'll take a look at that...  How are those applied- adhesive? 

Naw, it just snaps in to place.