Sign in to follow this  
wilson83

LaserPoint Contour Cutting - Need Help ...

I've got this cutter almost 1.5 months ago, but never used contour. I decided to give it a try today, I followed the video guide on the other post, everything went well, the print comes out well, BUT ...

- I can never get both of the registration mark to align to the laser.

- If I align one of the laser  to the middle (cross) of the registration mark (bottom right), I can't get it to align to the middle of the other (bottom left) registration mark.

So I tested and tried to cut my sticker, the alignment was all out. I don't quite understand how this contour thing work.

How do I align the laser? Am I supposed to have the laser pointing to the exact middle of the crossed circle? Or what?

When it says jog to the registration mark, when I jog one step, it jumps either too much to the left or to the right, or too much up/down. Please help.

Hmm ... I figured out how to align the dots, pressed 5, then moved the direction ... okay now, my other question is, although I managed to center the laser to the middle of the registration mark/point, but the cutter still apparently cut a tad high, not where it is supposed to. Am I aligning it wrong? How should I align it? Or I need to do some other settings?

You got the jog step size figured out by pressing 5 on the keyboard- good.

Not sure about the alignment....are you centering your print before you send it to the printer?