Realtor

Software problem

I purchased my cutter in June just received and installed SignX2 this weekend and tried to open a file from Illustrator C3 and the software just crashes.  This is without having it connected to the Cutter.  I am waiting for feedback from the company who manufactured the USB to Serial device I purchased because when I tried installing it, I got an error about no longer being supported, I had hoped to just drive with the USB.  I have a CTN 630 and want to use it with my Mac. I sent a similar inquiry earlier today, but did not post it here on the MAc Forum, or I don't think I did. Any suggestions? 

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)

Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"

Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

I'm running CS3 and SCX2 together no problem.  (macbook pro 2.4/osx10.4.10/) Did you install the signcut x2 plug-in for illustrator cs3?  rather than saving the file then trying to open it, use the plug-in to "send to signcut" from illustrator.  then just click the import button in signcut to import the file. work like a charm for me.

My pcut works great from usb as well, all you need is that ftdi driver for mac. just make sure you use the usb port closest to the power input on the macbook pro, it won't work from the other port.

I have the communication problem corrected between Illustrator and sign cut now I am having a problem getting the software registered so I am not in test mode. The USB connection on the right side of my macbook, worked for the test cut last week but now I cannot cut.  Is because of the test mode or am I just missing something.  It seems to go through the process of processing the file but nothing. I cannot even cut the Signcut x2 image.  Any suggestions anyone!

Thanks

I have the communication problem corrected between Illustrator and sign cut now I am having a problem getting the software registered so I am not in test mode. The USB connection on the right side of my macbook, worked for the test cut last week but now I cannot cut.  Is because of the test mode or am I just missing something.  It seems to go through the process of processing the file but nothing. I cannot even cut the Signcut x2 image.  Any suggestions anyone!

Thanks

It is a problem with running in Test Mode, so we need to resolve this to get you going. When you went to the bundle registration code site to register and get your license number, I think you must have been using Safari or Mozilla. Try going back to the site using IE to get the correct license number for the 3 year subscription. Use another computer with IE if necessary.

If your not using the serial to USB connector, there will be issues (not registering the program, but communication with the computer). Everyone I spoke with here recommended the Keyspan Serial to USB. I  have had no issues with the cutter working since I got that connector.