Sign in to follow this  
tservice

surprise guest

What the Heck is that???  a Possum?  We dont have those in North Dakota...

I can't stand those possum.  Our dog kills them if they get in her outside pen when she's out there.

the last year I lived in my former house I took 8 baby possums out of my kitchen...one every night or 2. The year before,it was 6.

Guest kenya

Horses get EPM (Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis) from possums, so we get rid of them quickly around our place.

Those suckers are mean!

yes,especially when cornered...and their teeth and claws are razor sharp.

Can those be kept as pets?

yes they can...I have seen some that were trained and very sweet and gentle. BUt I think you have to raise them from a babe. Remember that they are marcupials which means that they will want to sleep all day and keep you up all night.

And they will 'hiss' at you. No idea about house training and possum crap stinks! And I wouldn't think it would help your social life much either. I never saw a lady who liked possums.

This is the second time I have had to remove one. The first one was one pissed off, and mean. Just glad the mother was not around while I was holding her baby.

keep your eyes open. They usually have large litters. 6-12.

Also,if you take it off, they will find their way back unless you take them a good way...5 miles or even more. They are territorial. I know this from experience. One of mine got it's ear nicked by the trap...I took it a few miles away...3 days later, I caught it again.

I know about those large litters....we had one that was hit when we went to bury it, noticed it's stomach moving there were 10 babies in it's pouch!!!  ;D