Sign in to follow this  
signdepoet

New with tons of TROUBLE.

I have the 48" lazer cut and I am having all sorts of problems. I inported a file I needed to print it was a vector and when I imported the file half the graphics was gone. It was created in corel. I tryed importing as a .cmx file. Then I tryed as a .eps and it froze the program up. So I decied to try the .cmx file and just see if I could get the contour cut to work. When I tryed to print the file it printed it to file. I never could get it to send a job to the rip program to print it to my printer. So I never could get it to contour cut anything can anyone help me with these problems?

Thanx

Al

Some questions first, so we can help troubleshoot faster...

PC or Mac? Operating System? USB or Serial? Cutting software?

If you would be willing to post your .eps file (click on "Additional Options" at the bottom if you're replying to this message), we could probably figure out what's going on to help you out.  ;)

I can't post the eps right now it is at my shop on my computer there. I am using signblazer that came with the cutter. I designed it in corel draw. I am running windows xp, usb connection. I will put the eps on here tomorrow when I get time to go back by my shop.

I don't know if I completely understand what's happening here. What do you want the LaserPoint to do? Are you printing the graphic, then wanting the LP to contour cut it? Are you wanting to cut each color separately?

If you're only wanting to contour cut, than you can ditch all the colors and the only thing that you need is the outline of the image.

Bottom line is the your file too big. Way too big.

Post back what you're actually looking to do. Just remember, if it's a vector image, there is no reason to save it "life size", a small version is suffice.

All I am wanting to do is contour cut it but there is no way to put registration marks on the print unless you print it out of signblazer, that I know of. I tryed printing a file from corel draw and adding registration marks. Then when I brought the file into signblazer to contour cut it the program told me there was no print info on the file. So when I just manuly set the cutter up to cut with my registration marks it missed the print about half an inch. So what I am asking is how do I print a file with registration marks and set the file up in signblazer to know where the registration marks are. So I can contour cut my print.

I can tell you one thing I have wasted about a half a roll of vinyl and all day time wise trying to get this cutter to do a contour cut. I got a vector into the software after I made it .5x.5 inch. Then in the signblazer software I made the vector 14long by 6tall and sent it to the printer. When it came off the printer it was about half that size but it didn't matter it was just a test print cut. So I went to sign blazer and clicked on cut a print and away we go. I joged the lazer to the center of he first mark and then to the center of the second mark. Clicked cut and here we go again. Finished product more garbage to add to the pile already in the can. Half the design cut off at the top, the holes that were suposed to be cut in the center were no where near where they were suposed to be. On top of that the colors are awful coming from signblazer. Nowhere near what I imported in from Corel. What am I doing wrong?

woo. I'll be the first to admit that contour cutting is out of my skill set (for now). I'm sure that someone will come along and post their recommendations. Good luck!  :(

Once you have the file in SignBlazer that you want to Print, go to File, then Print, and there is a Registration button to click on to setup the reg. marks. You only need the bottom two. also make sure you click on Setup to make sure SignBlazer is set to print to the correct printer before you send it to print.

That is fine if you want to print a 8.5x11 print but what do you do it you would like to print larger also when you close the print window where you can get to the cut a print button it moves the registration marks on the page and only cuts half the design.

When I am done printing, I click Finish, then go back to File, then Cut a Print. I do not remember seeing a Cut a Print button.

Yeah that is what I did. I can say one thing sign cut 2 is a heck of alot better program for what I am doing but now Im stll stuck. I calibrated my cutter and my lazer light, then when I sent the cut to the cutter it was dead on at the top of the print but as the vinyl moved through the cutter it got worse and worse. When it was finnished at the bottom of the cut it was a good .25 to .5 in off. So now what am I doing wrong?

Yeah that is what I did. I can say one thing sign cut 2 is a heck of alot better program for what I am doing but now Im stll stuck. I calibrated my cutter and my lazer light, then when I sent the cut to the cutter it was dead on at the top of the print but as the vinyl moved through the cutter it got worse and worse. When it was finnished at the bottom of the cut it was a good .25 to .5 in off. So now what am I doing wrong?

Not sure, I have seen this one other time, but have not been able to re-create the issue here. I will email signCut and see if they have an idea.

I would like to thank Ken and Marcus for all the help they have give me with my cutter. I was ready to pull all my hair out at one point. Tonight I was in the shop and decided to give it another try. I got my print with registration marks printed and calibrated the cutter and lazer point. I was tickled to death to make a cut that was on the money. Now I can't wait till tomorrow to cut out the roof numbers for the 3 race cars we have to have finished this week. It will make it easy to cut them with my lazer point not a pair of scissors. Thanx again guys.