Sign in to follow this  
stickyicky612

blade which way

ok i just got the refine and been doing cuts  for the past 2 weeks and the cuts are ok on sum vinyl transfer, my question is which way should the blade face and what setting should i leave it at like the force  and speed i think that is please any info will do thanks

Reading the sections in this forum that applies is going to be your best friend & help alot even after you get the answer to this ( I have a copam  , but i cut at 80 pressure & 50 speed with 651 oracal vinyl )

I have a Refine and this are my settings

Force

Reg Vinyl: 50 with new blade 60 with used blade

T shirt vinyl: 70 with new blade 80 with used blade

About the blade position, you just load it (with the shapr edge down of course) and it will rotate freely. There is not a specific way or direction to load it.

Joe

Joe is right.There is no specific direction for the blade to face other than down. If you can even SEE which way the blade is facing,your eyes are like an eagles.

thanks guy for the help are those setting same as vinyl for tshirt too or should i just mess with it? i have been using the same setting since i got it  force stay at 100 and i thing speed is 24 in. dose that wound the blade

I only have tried T-shirt vinyl that is metallic/prism type & i had to go 140 grams on the pressure in order to weed it at all ( not a new blade ) .

Before I got my cutter I was a little confused about this as well.  If you look closely you can see the blade just turns with the pressure against the vinyl.