Sign in to follow this  
nashvilledan

Won't cut test square--RESOLVED!!

Just hooked my LP up yesterday.  The display works "On Line", but when I go off line, and press "Pause", I do  not get the test square cut.  Of course from that point onward it is down hill.  I can't cut anything from Sign Blazer since the computer says it doesn't see the printer.  I've read all the help on the forum and nothing seems to help.  I've changed to port1 on both the cutter and the software.  But of course it seems like the test square should cut no matter what!  But there is no movement at all.  It doesn't even try.

you are correct in your assumption. If the cutter won't cut a test square when prompted to do so, there is a problem with the cutter. Ken will be at work in an hour or two...he will sort it out.

Thanks!

I hope so... I've got the cutter hooked up and ready to cut... I have 20 Soccer Jerseys ready to put names on :-) and they need to be done by Friday... so sending my LP back and having it replaced isn't the best solution...  Of course my buddy 60 miles away has his cutter warmed up and ready to help if needed... :-)  But I'd sure like to use my own!

HELP!!!

Well, I got it to cut a test square!!  Well... it's actually a rectangle.  But it was NOT by pressing the "Pause" button, as stated in the instruction manual on the CD.  That does nothing.  It was actually by pressing "Test"... Now who would have thought of THAT???

But I still don't have connection with my computer!

And I've got a job tomorrow... I have to get these letters cut!  HELP!!

First off welcomesign.gif to the forum!

No connection huh? Well, let's get started with a bit more info ... PC or Mac? Operating System? Cutting Software? USB or Serial? (helpful to put this info into your signature too  :o)

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're on a PC, Windows, Sign Blazer Elements (SBE), and are connected by USB.

A few simple pointers ...

• Make sure your connection from computer to cutter is direct (not going thru a hub)
  • On the cut screen, get into "Setup" and make sure that 1) you're using the correct driver (either LaserPoint or PCut CT630 will do)
  • The you're using the correct port USB
  • Make sure that the blade carriage is not pressing down (laterally) against either of the red 'kill' buttons located on the inside of the cutting working window.
  • If it is being pressed on than you need to scoot it away - if the cutter is on, take it offline and use the arrows to move it; if the cutter is off, then you can move it gently by hand.
  • Remember that the cutter will cut from right to left, front to back (as it appears in the cut screen preview)

When you try to send a graphic/text to the cutter do you get an error? or does it appear to be sending the job, but simply not cutting?

I will usually prep my stuff, and when ready to cut, turn the cutter on (because it's a little noisy). If you've tried all of the above still get no results, the next step will be to get you connect to the cutter via the serial port. If your computer does not have a serial port, you can purchase a USB to serial adapter (also known as a keyspan). You should be able to find them at your local computer store, Radio Shack, or dirt cheap on eBay.

Let us know if you need additional assistance or if it all turns out, let us know that too  :huh:

Good luck!  :huh:

oh, you're pretty good on the guessing...  and THANKS for your help!!

PC  VISTA Home Premium  (is THIS the problem?:huh:)  SBE, and USB

No hub, right port (computer says com1, software says blazer com1), not hitting red buttons, and I used to get an error, but after changing some of the settings, now I don't get an error... it looks like the jobs "go somewhere" but nothing happens to the cutter... Is there a "cutter" area in the control panel somewhere that I can go to send tests to the cutter, like I can with printers?

NashvilleDan

XP or Vista shouldn't make a difference .. but you never know. Unfortunately there isn't a "Print Test Page" for the cutter  :huh:

If you don't have much vinyl to spare (or waste), you can always pop in the pen function and just use some paper to test to cutter until it fires up right for you.

Make sure that the cutter is back "online" once you have the carriage in the start position ... there were many times that I've sent the job to cut and the cutter was "offline" (sigh) - and it behaves exactly as you said ... job is going, but it's going nowhere.

If you're using USB there should be at least one option listed under "Output Device" in the cut setup screen. I vaguely recall it being USB001 or BlazerUSB or something like that, but the "USB" was definitely the option to choose.

If still no dice, attach a screen shot of the cut setup screen so we can see what settings you're using.

OK, not sure what I did... but I got it to cut!!  at least once!

Now I have to figure out the software... and see if I can get it to cut consistently.

Thanks to all who helped!

With all who've had trouble with this cutter, maybe someone could put together a basic "Here's how to get the LP up and running" guide, or video??