Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Cutting from Corel to a MH721

If I could download a Corel driver for my MH721 it would be greatly appreciated

I want to cut from Corel directly to MH721. I read the posts but I was unable to find the correct location on the cutter forum. Could someone please direct me to the correct location or e-mail it to me so I can make this work.

Thanks to all on this site, it is a life saver.

<laughs> Apparently I screwed everything all up, but it seems to work.

I have an MH721 that I just got used a couple days ago. I downloaded the Rainbow CUT OK driver - it was in the MH721 download area so I thought it must be the right one.

And glory be, it works. No idea why, I'm cutting directly from Corel X4 to the cutter though, it's just really finicky on where it prints. I'm sure it has SOME sort of internal logic, but I sure can't figure it out.

I'd like to install the "right" driver that has a little more in the way of available options though.

In the same vein, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to make things print. Right now, I'm setting up some type and then converting it to a bitmap, then auto-tracing it and then outlining it and then cutting it.

Now, this works. Don't get me wrong. But it seems it's too many steps to be taking for me to be doing it "right". And this is just playing around with one word or one picture. If it gets much bigger, it's just weird.

SO .. please offer ideas - tell me what I'm doing wrong, mostly.

Thanks!

Vic

Ok .. I'm an idiot.

I just needed to outline the text and it prints perfectly without all the tracing and converting etc. <blush>

But the rest of my message still stands .. I think.

I like the hardware but the software is a mess.  The CD that came with the unit has several drivers but no help file to tell you which ones to use.  It is a guessing game.  I'm connecting my MH721 via USB and I have Windows XP.  I successfully installed the FTDI driver that converts the serial to USB (I guess).  I have mine set up as port COM7.  The documentation tells you to set it as COM3 but I don't think this matters.  You just need to have your printer driver use the right port.  That's the other problem.  I'm using CorelDraw X4 and I want to print directly from that.  There is a word document http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=11&nav=0,1 that is partially helpful but it suggests to use Graphtec CE1000-60 printer driver but that didn't work for me.  I tried a few other printer drivers like the Raindrop Cutok but that didn't work.  So, I went to Graphtec's website and downloaded this driver    http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_software/CP-Drivers/CE5000/OPS662V200E2.ZIP

I unzipped the files and then went to Add Printer in XP.  I only selected the "local printer" option and hit next. I then chose port COM7.  I chose the printer driver for CE5000.  And that was it.  I did change the "config port" in the printer properties to match that word document (ie flow control set to Xon/Xoff). 

Anyways, I'm able to print from X4.  It seems to work fine.  Can anyone tell me why this may not work?  Right now I just tested with a pin and it seemed to miss a few lines (like 5% of the lines).  I tried reprinting and it missed the same lines again. 

This is a continuation of my previous post:

Last night I spent several hours (about 3) trying to figure out which printer driver I should use to work with CorelDraw X4, I found that the Graphtec 32bit driver for CE5000 works and can also be found here http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=14&nav=0

So is Graphtec and UScutter the same company or does UScutter sell Graphtec machines?  Whatever!  It is extremely lame why this process isn't laid out clearer.  My system and cutter is probably the same as 90% of all customers (XP, coreldraw and MH 721). If I was UScutter, I would spend 10min and create a quick start guide for this market.  Seriously, why is the documentation so weak?  Why bother creating nice hardware, decent website and a and marketing campaign only to fail in the documentation.  I'm sure the response will be, "there are too many different systems and software to cover all".  I would agree, but at least get the manual right for the most used config (ie mine).  Ok, I'm done with my ranting.  Hopefully this post will help others in my situation.

I also hope that Graphtec CE5000 driver is the right one.  After more testing I will post a follow up.

Continued from my previous two posts....

well, I have confirmed that the driver for CE5000 does work for my setup but it is flawed.  Per the suggestion of UScutter tech rep Benjamin, I installed the Sign Cut Productivity Pro version 1.07.  This software has built in drivers that work very well with the MH 721.  It also works well with CorelDraw X4 from my initial test.  You have to convert text into curves. There is a "send to" sign cut option which works.  It did a much better job on my test print than the other driver. 

so everything is cool right...well, sign cut is free for a year so how much does it cost after that?  It depends on which site you visit!  http://www.signcutpro.com/  has a lifetime license for $259 and a Hobbyist edition (whatever the hell that means) for $68.  Ya, I'll take the hobbyist edition, but only if it does what I want, right.  A 5 year license is $172.  If you buy the license from http://www.sc-x2.com/purchase.html the cost for a 5yr license is more at $198.  there is no hobbyist edition.  Is this the same software?  give me a break.

whatever.  the software seems to work and it is tailored more for cutting vinyl than CorelDraw is so it may be worth it.  I didn't want to learn another software but it only took about 10min to go through the help section which is well written.