nonabelle

PROPER T SHIRT PLACEMENT

Where Do I Start?:huh:

One of the most frequently asked questions is, "How do I know  where to place my design on my shirts for heat printing?" Here are some quick tips on placement:

Find the bottom of the crew neck.

Measure using 3 - 4 fingers. Most prefer 3 fingers - this is where the design starts. This is NOT where the top of the transfer paper begins, but the actual design itself.

Another Tip......

To make sure you have the garment centered on the press correctly (see below), just grab the armpit seams and measure with your thumbs. You should have approximately the same amount of fabric hanging off each side of the bottom platen. If not, just shift the shirt a little to the left or right to adjust to proper centering of the shirt.

The more printing you do, the better you will become at "eyeing" the proper placement.

If you need any other placment tips, feel free to email our Great Garment office and we will be happy to help. Click here:  dwyer@greatgarmentgraphics.com

post-2130-12986523120755_thumb.jpg

post-2130-12986523121154_thumb.jpg

post-2130-12986523138399_thumb.jpg

post-2130-12986523138703_thumb.jpg

Hey Non, great tips for learning....didn't see a pic though.  :-

And watch that platen WOW it gets HOT!

Ok ok..I see the pics now!!  :huh:

Guest fivestar

I just use my teesqaureit and go down between 2"-2.5" using it.  It's a GREAT TOOL.  I go a little farther on bigger shirts and little less on small shirts.

Great post.  Thxs.

Regarding the teesquareit, it has become my best friend.  You get the exact same placement every time.  :huh:

Great post.  Thxs.

Regarding the teesquareit, it has become my best friend.  You get the exact same placement every time.  :huh:

I may have to invest in a teesquareit when I can!!

Guest fivestar

No doubt about it.  It's an excellent tool.

now what do you do for placement of a design on the back of a shirt?

Guest fivestar

I put the botton of the collar of the front just at the top edge of the bottom platen, then put my design down about 1.5"-2" from there depending on how big the design is.  Names and numbers I put down 1".

always wondered how ya figured where to put the designs.

Question, do most people want the design on the back or front of the t-shirt

PBear, wow from personal experience, most of what we've done has been on the front...or it would be a combo small logo on front, something larger on back....OR.....large on front and back!  :-

Sorry I couldn't help more on that one.

Thanks for the info, Shelia.

Could you expand on this thread in regards to placing a small image on the front chest?

Thanks for the info, Shelia.

Could you expand on this thread in regards to placing a small image on the front chest?

Well that will depend also if the shirt has a pocket..........  :D  ..........just sayin'

Guest fivestar

t-shirt with no pocket.  I come down around 2.5" from bottom of collar and over around 2" from center.  Of course this depends on how big graphic is, but that's my general area.