Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

getting Frustrated

I am begging to get very frustrated with getting my laserpoint to cut. I still get the message can not open output device. I have removed and reinstalled the signblazer software but there is no way that I see to install the cutter drivers. I am using USB have the correct cutter and usb com port selected but I still get that nasty message.

Pat

I have seen this problem many times. 99% of the time,there is nothing wrong with the cutter. Send a PM to KenImes.He is tech support and can walk you through the proper setup.

The problem is communication between the computer and cutter. It is possible that there is a mechanical problem with the cutter. Does it make a test cut directly from the cutter itself?

Sorry i forgot to mention, yes I checked that out to and the com port and com port properties all mach up to the software settings

You can try selecting PCut instead of LP.

When I bought my LP there was no LP option. Ken told me to use the PCut and I've been a happy camper since.

Guest rvgraphixs

I will try that in the morning. It worked before when i selected LP but not now.

Pat

so why complain if it worked before?

Excuse me, but thats the problem it worked fine two weeks ago and now i cant get it to cut anything. No matter what I do or what is suggested. Would you not be upset if this were happening to you and you could not get it working. I'm not toally stupid.

Pat

Guest fivestar

Can you post a screenshot of your device manager?  Is there any conflicts ie. yellow exclamation points in there?

Newbies newbies, first thing you do is replace the USB cable. Happened to me. It worked fine a few day then not working at all. Replaced the USB cable with my printer's cable and got it cutting in no time  :huh:

Sometimes the most stupid things solve the problems.

Its like when sometimes I think Im finishing my beers too fast, then I realize I just need to flip my cup up. j/k, but seriously, try a new USB cable. Could be that.

Joe

thanks Joe i had actually started thinking about that this evening. Will try that in the morning. No there is no conflicts in my device manager.

Guest fivestar

Damn it Joe, I was waiting to see if there was any conflicts before I recommended a new cable.  Now you go and steal all the glory.  :huh: ??? :)

Ky, that's what I would try is a new cable.  Even though this post is too late, damn.

now, now boys ... plenty of newbies here are in need of guidance. plenty of mentoring available for everyone  :D