Sign in to follow this  
chasegraphics

Same Problem as others...Cuts Across the graphic.

I have been reading and making changes to my computer and Cutter in order to cut a simple graphic that is 22" x 125". I have set my Baud rate to 4800 as suggested and that did not work. I am using Corel 13 and I cut directly out of that, Yes I have not had any problem until this point. I have had problems with cutting repeated graphics that are 21" x 18". I can only cut one at a time and now I can not get this semi-long graphic to cut. Please help I need to finish this job, the job really is a 5' x 30' banner, but I am cutting the graphic in parts because of the tracking on these plotters. I have the MH721 connected to a Windows XP computer through the Serial Port an I cut directly from Corel 13 using the Graphtec driver.

Please Help

You can try removing the weed border, or make sure you do not have extra layers on the graphic you are trying to cut. If you do, delete them. We have had several users complain of random cuts through their graphics, and we sent several of the files to a graphics guru who analized them. On each and every one, there were extra layers that needed to be deleted, so the problem is with the graphics end, and not the cutter. The exception to this is when the blade drags back to the origin point, across the finished cut graphic. This can be worked around by not using a weed border.

Guest fivestar

Ken with all due respect, I don't think it is the file that he is having problems with.  I may be wrong here, but I "think" what he is saying is when he is cutting the blade just drops down and rips through the vinyl rendering it useless.  I had the exact problem when cutting out a huge graphic and the way I got mine to stop was going into device manager then ports then com 1 then port settings and changing flow control to hardware.

I have been reading and making changes to my computer and Cutter in order to cut a simple graphic that is 22" x 125". I have set my Baud rate to 4800 as suggested and that did not work. I am using Corel 13 and I cut directly out of that, Yes I have not had any problem until this point. I have had problems with cutting repeated graphics that are 21" x 18". I can only cut one at a time and now I can not get this semi-long graphic to cut. Please help I need to finish this job, the job really is a 5' x 30' banner, but I am cutting the graphic in parts because of the tracking on these plotters. I have the MH721 connected to a Windows XP computer through the Serial Port an I cut directly from Corel 13 using the Graphtec driver.

Please Help

You have to take the one graphic and vector it and then send to SignCutX2 then where is ask how many copies put you number in there and it should work. I knew it was me not knowing the program but like i said i have been doing this awhile now so it just takes me time thats all. it cuts one graphic at a time also it does not cut random across the page anymore it cuts the full graphic and then moves to the next. I hope this helps someone as I know it haS been a pain for me LOL

Seems as though when you create it in corel it makes it one file amd it will go cut out all of the one part of the graphic say like you have a P it will cut out the centers of all the P's 1st on each copy of the graphic then it will go cut out the same part of another part of graphic so you create one then up your number of copies in sign cut X2. If you do not have or use signcut then I do not know how to correct it from corelX3.

Well, just when I thought that I had if licked, the cutter will now send the cutting head into the left side of the machine and make a awful noise. I have some smaller letters (5") at the top of the page and bigger (13") at the bottom. I orginally had the problem with the bigger letters. The machine would cut the last letter "e" first, but it would start out of position and run that great 45 degree line for about 12 inches then continue the center of the "e". So I did what fivestar suggested and that di not work, so I desided to reduce the points on the letter "e" and it worked. So I then did the rest of the letters for this 1/3 of the banner. I removed the vinyl and the blade and sent the new updated 1/3 to the machine and it looks like it cut all the large letters first with no problem, but then when it goes to the smaller letters at the top or the left of the machine, it sends the cutting head into the far left side of the machine and make a really bad noise.

What should I do now?;D?;D???

I think you are right Five....I misunderstood.

If the carriage is running to the end of the cutter and grinding, it is being told to cut outside of its parameters. I would not cut directly from Corel, but instead, save your file in .eps format, then import to SignCut to cut out. Your issue may have something to do with using a GraphTec driver to cut directly from Corel.

Not sure, I do not have a copy of Corel, but my guess would be that it is the driver you are using to cut directly from Corel. Have you tried to use Signcut yet? I can at least support and test with a program I have.

Hey KenImes,

regarding your advice to chasegraphics to remove the weed border.  Is that the weed border in signcut as opposed to weed borders designed into the file to be cut?  thanks,  daniel t

I am having the same problem. I can't find and problems with my file. I am setting it up in Illustratorr and backsaving it to version 3 to import into Sign Cut (latest update) and WinPCSign which I just purchased. This file is all text that has been converted to paths in Illustrator. The issue with the 45 degree cuts seems to only occur on larger graphics. This particular one is 85' x 85". If there is a different way we should set up the files in Illustrator and Corel please let us know. I see many people have the same problem and it is always something with the file. I'm attaching a copy of my file. If you find anything with it let me know.

I have tried every single advice on fixing this problem (that many many others seem to have) and it seems to be getting worse.

I also tried setting the "Rewind after forward Feed" to 0.00.

This is starting to get really. freaking. annoying.

HELP :huh:

I tried to ground the vinyl, because I believe it is a static problem. The first time it worked, the second time it did not.

Hey KenImes,

regarding your advice to chasegraphics to remove the weed border.  Is that the weed border in signcut as opposed to weed borders designed into the file to be cut?  thanks,  daniel t

The weed border in SignCut

Are those that are having problems using the USB adapter?  What settings are you using?  Are you using hardware flow control?

I was having the problem all the time with the direct USB connection.  I used Hardware Flow, not cutting a weeding boarder, 4800 baud and most everything else suggested in the forums.  My laptop doesn't have a serial port but I had a SIIG brand USB to Serial converter handy so I hooked up to the serial port on the plotter and that has resolved almost all of my problems with the cutter.  I have still had the cut across the graphic issue but only a few times since I changed to the serial port, it has really been nice but I still worry about it on long cuts.

Guest fivestar

Mine was always with serial connection, but I think it was humidity causing too much static as I put an A/C unit in here and have not had one problem since (knock on wood).