OK here you go. I have corel X3, SigncutX2 PE, and Inkscape all with current updates. I cut an image out perfect while it is horizontal and it cuts fine. Now let me rotate that image to Vertical and it wont even send it to the plotter it is like the plotter does not see it, on the screen it shows the bar loading but plotter does not do anything. The artwork is created in Corel X3 and transported to signcutX2 as a vector file. Any info on what I am doing wrong? Also why will it not cut letters I get it to cut letters on one graphic but when I do more than one it misses some but it will cut the same letter on another. Say like if you cut one it will cut a,b,c.d,e,f,g, but on another it will miss d on another it will miss the a on another it will miss g but if you cut it out one at a time it cuts perfect. and it cuts the entire decal graphic and dont miss any of the graphic but only letters. And when it cuts letter if it does not finish cutting the letter it locks down and cut a line all the way back to point of start. Line of death but it starts from the point where it stopped cutting the letter. PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was doing dimensional signs with a CNC router, I had all sorts of problems with Corel vector files.  I used Artcam to design and cut 3D and corel to design 2D.  Artcam had problems with the Corel files.  I also tried Vector CAD/CAM and SurfCAM.  Both had issues with Corel.  I finally ended up just using Artcam for all of my design.  I would use a program that handles both design and cut.  That way there won't be any vector file compatibility issues.  I've not used it yet, but doesn't SignCut handle design as well as communicating with the plotter?

Ross 

PS...I didn't have any problems with Adobe Illustrator.  Just found it easier to design and cut with one program.

Which format are you saving your files in when exporting to SignCut? Maybe try the other format. For example, I was helping a customer the other day and created something in Corel (forget which version). I then exported to SignCut in .eps format and it did not come out so well. I then tried saving the same file in .ai format and it worked perfect. I have also heard cases where .ai format has issues, and when saved in .eps it works fine. I would try both and see if one works better than the other.

You could also post your file here and I could test it on my cutter.

Guest fivestar

Convert text to curves and the "line of death" is something I as well as alot of other people on here are experiencing.  As of right now there is not a definite answer as to what is causing it that I am aware of.