Sign in to follow this  
Justinside

HELP!!!!!!!

I purchased a vinyl cutter from US Cutter yesterday but sign cutter x2 does not seem to be communicating with the machine?

DO I need to load any drivers?

Also when i tried to export a file from Illustrator i looked at the instructions which told me to open the drop down box for file and click move to sign cut x2 but this does not show up in file for me. What do I do?

Thanks

Charlie

You need to install both a driver and the scX2 plug in for Illustrator (which versions depends on what mac you're running), then setup your cutter settings in scx2.  Check the thread I started called MAC SYSTEM PROFILES, I outlined what it took to get mine going fairly in depth there. It shouldn't be too complicated, I had mine up and running in about 20 minutes.

We may have found out why the Mh series is having problems installing on Macs. Seems the manufacturer switched USB chipsets and just let us know, and the new chipset does not have Mac drivers available. The solution would be to get an FTDI Serial to USB adaptor, or find one locally yourself with Mac drivers. We offer the adpators for $35 shipped.

We may have found out why the Mh series is having problems installing on Macs. Seems the manufacturer switched USB chipsets and just let us know, and the new chipset does not have Mac drivers available. The solution would be to get an FTDI Serial to USB adaptor, or find one locally yourself with Mac drivers. We offer the adpators for $35 shipped.

yikes! can't US Cutter offer some kind of substantial discount (if not free) adapters to those who have macs that bought the Refines with the new chipset? I'm sure they looked long and hard to see want kind of mac-friendly cutter they could buy.

yikes! can't US Cutter offer some kind of substantial discount (if not free) adapters to those who have macs that bought the Refines with the new chipset? I'm sure they looked long and hard to see want kind of mac-friendly cutter they could buy.

Would be nice, but with razor thin margins on the units we sell, offering something for free along with it that costs us money does not make business sense and would shoot us towards the red. With the value we add (that is also not free), along with the fact that these things pay for themselves tenfold within a short period of time, we think an extra small investment to get everything running right should not be too much to ask.

I agree with Ken on this one.. we would not give away free products if we live on the money we bring in.. even if you did not know you needed the adapter, that is still unreasonable to give things away for free or at cost.. its $35.. come on....

just consider this.. if you were to buy a high end plotter that already worked with Mac.. you would pay untold amounts more than what you will have to pay all together.. :(

I agree with Ken on this one.. we would not give away free products if we live on the money we bring in.. even if you did not know you needed the adapter, that is still unreasonable to give things away for free or at cost.. its $35.. come on....

just consider this.. if you were to buy a high end plotter that already worked with Mac.. you would pay untold amounts more than what you will have to pay all together.. :huh:

The consumer who bought the cutter that looked long and hard for one that was compatible should be made aware if other adapters are necessary. And while this is something that be rectified in the future, there is going to be some that had bought this problem unknowingly. I don't think that US CUtters should give away the farm, but at least show some compromise (to the customers who fall into that category, not every customer). $35 is a lot to some people, if it wasn't then they probably would have bought a more expensive cutter.

You can be cheap, and you can move volume, but regardless of that fact, you should alway be a responsible business that understands that it is your customers that are important. Customers may not always be right, but at least treat them fairly.

UC Cutter has gotten a HUGE assistance from their customer base via this forum. If you treat your customers like crap, than they will only come to lurk and pull information and not bother to contribute anything. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten unbelievable help here and the people who support it are great, but if I thought US Cutter treated me unfairly, than I would just ditch the forum all together, and only come when I needed help rather than taking my time to see if I can help others.