bethj95

Still Having Problems Cutting Clip art in WinPc Pro

Tried to bring a picture into Winpc and if I vectorize when I import it only brings in some of the object and if I bitmap I can not seem to get it to vectorize right in the automatic vectorization to many lines or not enough..............so occasionaly I can go to view as wire frame and get it to work that way but only on some pictures and then I found some free clip art online and wanted to bring it in and could not get it to go to wire frame or vectorize...........I do not understand what I am doing wrong I can do just about everything else I need I am just really struggling with this

Any Help would be great

Thanks

Normally, Clip art copied from the net isnt of the best quality to vectorize.  There often of low resoution to conserve bandwith, and very pixelated upon enlarging.

Can you post the image that you are trying to vectorize? 

Click additional options, or link from divshare.com

If the image is of too low of resolution, no software will automatically vectorize it properly.

Are you vecorizing your images in another software program like inkscape? if so, this step is not necessary as with winpcsign, you can do it all from the program..

I guess on some things my biggest problem is know what to vectorize 6 9 12 15 etc I just do not get this part of it no matter how many times I watch the info video

Tator, sorry for jumping in here but thought I could share some more info for Beth.  Beth, vectorizing is almost an art these days.  So, unless you have Corel Draw or something similar then your stuck with WinPCSign.  Not a bad thing just a little limited in what it is capable of doing.  Downloading an image from the web is again not a good image to try and vectorize unless it's EPS or AI format.  It's just not the quality you need.

What you can do is download the image and then use a Sharpie to highlight the image tracing the lines you need.  Then scan the image you traced in black and white bitmap format at a resolution of around 600 dpi.  You can do this from WinPCSign and then convert it to a 1 bit image to use the automatic vectorization program in WinPCSign.  You will have the Vector on top of the scanned image at that time.  Just move it off and delete the scanned image.  You should be able to select wireframe and then be able to touch up the image and reduce the nodes making a cuttable image.

Hope this helps a little.