Sign in to follow this  
PhamousMedia

Cutter and Computer not communicating?

Hello,

I just purchased the USCutter Laserpoint 24. I'm having trouble with basic understanding of using this machine. I made a print of my design put it into the machine, went to the start cut option and when it asks me to align to the right when i push the buttons on my screen nothing happens on the machine. I'm not sure if the drivers installed properly or how to tell. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, i hope this machine isn't as complicated as it looks.  :-

Shane

Which cable are you using to connect the cutter to the computer? Have you verified which COM port it is using? Have you told the software the correct one to use once you verified?

When i click the cut button and i'm taken to the screen that shows the printer, i'm able to move the cutter around from the computers so id assume that it's hooked up right. But when i go to set the reg. points it doesn't recognize.

maybe im just not doing this right? i tried watching instructional videos and reading instructions but i've had no luck. Is there a step by step video somewhere that shows you from creating something in signblazer to printing the image and setting the reg. points to complete cutting? I hope i can figure this machine out :thumbsup:

At the top of this category, I have stickied the step by step instructions with video. Main thing is that you set your cut mask correctly by creating an outline around your text, or graphic, or whatever it is you are contour cutting around. Some people just go to Manipulate, then click Cut Mask On/Off, and that is not enough. You also need to go to Outline/ Inline and create the outline you want the cutter to follow, or your cut mask.

I watched the video, i fallowed the steps. When i hit cut on the screen with the cutter it shows it figuring out the cut path but then it never cuts :/

The only kind of cutting i've ever gotten it to do was by hitting the Test button.

I have never gotten this machine to cut any design from my computer. I don't understand what im doing wrong.

edit; just tried again and im still not making any progress or stickers. Is there a tech support # i can call and talk to someone to help me out?

Busy..

Is my computer supposed to recognize the cutter as a printer?

No, never

I didn't quite understand your response to Ken's question - have you tried to just cut something (not contour cutting). Hitting the test button doesn't count because that doesn't require any interaction with the computer.

Try just typing in text or importing a simple vector graphic and cut that. If it doesn't cut, let us know what does happen - is there an error, does Sign Blazer Elements (SBE) say that it's sending but you're not getting any response?

How are connecting from PC to cutter? If you're connecting by USB, be sure that you are connecting directly from PC to cutter. No hubs, and try not to use a USB extension.

In the cut screen settings, which cutter is selected?

In the cut screen settings, which port is selected?

I recommend that you take the time, and update your signature so that other forum members who are wiling to assist you aren't asking the same questions again and again. (i.e. cutter model, cutting software, PC or Mac, OS, connect type, etc.)  :lol:

Thanks for the tip about the profile :lol:

As far as cutting; i have never gotten the cutter to cut anything.

In the Cut screen i have;

Selected Cutter: Laserpoint

Selected Port:Blazer.COM:4- USB

When prompted to jog to right registration mark, i can't use the computer to control the cutter so essentially i can't tell the cutter that it's on the registration marks.

(also during the boot up of signblazer it trys to do a live update and i get an error i don't know if this is a problem?)

Thanks for all your help guys

Thanks for the tip about the profile :lol:

As far as cutting; i have never gotten the cutter to cut anything.

In the Cut screen i have;

Selected Cutter: Laserpoint

Selected Port:Blazer.COM:4- USB

When prompted to jog to right registration mark, i can't use the computer to control the cutter so essentially i can't tell the cutter that it's on the registration marks.

(also during the boot up of signblazer it trys to do a live update and i get an error i don't know if this is a problem?)

Thanks for all your help guys

Give us a call: 425-481-3555