CochiseGraphics

I have been given a NIB Copam CP 2500

A client found it and is sending it to me. I do not print signs at this time. I was in the market for a cutter to outline transfer paper designed to allow me to print on BLACK T-shirts. I have read about the machine and how well it functions as a sign maker. The question is, can it pick up the edges of a 8 x 14" piece of paper and cut out a simple outline that has been printed on it via input through Adobe or Corel?? I suspect the answer will be no and I will have to open a sign shop to get any use of it.  :'( AND buy a Craft Robo Pro. Ken

The Copam does not have the ability to contour cut around pre-printed designs, sorry. It will cut heat transfer vinyl for garments though.

KEN,

Thank you for your promt answer to my question. I am still very pleased to add this equipment to my shop. I can now offer contract printing. The client wants me to send her data on all the cutters that WILL contour cut and she will provide the one that will serve that need. I'll study the spots to advertise the service after I learn the proper operation of the machines.

Best wishes, Ken M.

Guest fivestar

Ken M. these machines will do so many different things.  The possibilities are almost endless.  BTW, you got a great machine there even if it doesn't contour cut. 

I would recommend either the roland gx-24 or a graphtec cutter for contour cutting.  I was getting one myself (graphtec) until I realized I didn't need it because I took a different avenue in my business, but if you're needing a contour cutting machine those are the 2 I recommend.

Fivestar, Thank you very much for your input also.

I see US Cutters makes a 24" contour cutter.

I have done lots of forum reading. It looks like the Roland 24 will win the business. It seems to have more features than I can currently use which opens the door for future business expansion.