bk2design

Heat Press roll call

Ok all you heat press owners. I think I'm ready to take the plunge and get a heat press. What kind do you have? Likes and dislikes? Things you found out after that makes you think you should have gone bigger or better?

Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

I've got a 16x20 digital Mighty Press and wouldn't trade it for anything.  It was a little expensive $1100.00+ but man is it nice.  I have no regrets/dislikes at all.  I had a "chinese" press and there's no comparison between them.  I mean the "chinese" press was good, don't get me wrong, but this Mighty Press is at least 3 times heavier.  Even the way the vinyl is stuck on the shirt is better with this press then the other one I had.

I highly recommend getting a Mighty Press or any other "brand name" when it comes to presses.

Guest crshirts

I have an older National Screen printing 15x15 and a knight 9x12(to small for adult shirts)

Nothing digital but i love the 15x15 bought on ebay for less than 200 the small one is nice for mousepads, coasters, and onesies.

Carl

Recently purchased a use USCutter 15"x15" heat press from another member... I've only turned it on twice, and have only pressed to only images, so I can't suggest much. But I will say, as soon as I make enough money off this current press, I will be upgrading to a mighty press(David and I have talked about the differences between the two machine a few times... and I'm sold).

So far I'm looking at a JetPress 14 or the Mighty Press Lite to start out. The 16x20 digital Mighty Press sure would be nice though so would the George Knight DK20-AR 16" x 20" - Auto Release but that's quite abit of money. The George Knight Swing Away Digital Combo - 14inch x 16inch  looks impressive with all the different attachments. So many choices.... :-

We have a Mighty Press (darn heavy too) 15x15

Have had no cons about it, the ONLY time we wished it was bigger was when doing a 2XL shirt for a customer an we had to make 2 presses to complete the left and right side designs.  One was above the pocket and the other was on the chest on the other side.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Yeah Jenny the auto open would be nice, BUT one thing about them is when you do multicolor and only press for say 8 seconds on the first layer, you either have to reprogram the unit or press for the whole time because you can't manually open the press from what I have read.  That would be the same when you're either pre-pressing or re-pressing the garmet.  As for the multifunction machines, I don't think I would like them.

reprogram the unit?  I can manually open the press if need to.

It obviously has a timer, but if for some reason you need to open it before X amount of seconds, just pull up the handle.

I believe you have the newer unit than myself Five....if memory serves me correct you have the digital timer, don't ya??

BK, make sure to get a few teflon sheets, I don't know how often they have come in handy, especially if you are doing light and dark shirts in the same run.......you definitely don't want the color of the dark shirt getting on the light ones.

Infact I don't use the heat press without a teflon sheet.  Just my 2 cents

Guest fivestar

Yes I have a digital but I am talking about a autoclose.  I can manually open and close mine too, lol actually I have too.  That's what I mean, with a auto press I've always heard you CAN'T open or close it manually and that would get to be a pain when doing multi-timed projects.

i have a mighty press 15x15 have no problems purchased about 3-4 years ago brand new, had a 11x15 but sold it to ger 15x15.

i also have a jet press 12. i have own this machine about 10 yrs and still works like a champ.

I have a Black Max and it does just great. I'm not a fan of bells and whistles but I got a good 16X20 for $866  delivered to my front door. I don't have proof, but searches and questions have led me to believe it is a mighty press in a different color and stickers. It looks exactly like a mighty except for the color and the stickers and works great so I'm a happy camper.

Guest fivestar

866 for a 16x20 not digital sounds about right for a mighty press.  If I remember correctly.

yeah, i have seen the mighty press rebranded . one is black max, and airwaves sells one but i don't recall the name of it.

Thanks for your input everbody!

I think I'm going to start off with the JetPress 12 since this is just a hobby for now. I'd like to get the mighty press but almost $1k and this may not be the route I want go.

Luckily I know someone on here that's not far away that is already setup so if something big does come up I can send it his way. Plus I always have my lil' buddy Joe who's partying it up on vacation as we speak  :thumbsup:

Whatever you choose BK, I'm sure you will be more than thrilled what extras you can create with your cutter.

Enjoy and I can't wait to see some of your finished projects.

Ya know.... This is starting to be a pain in the butt!!! I can't make up mind.... LOL

I have a sunie and i am already saving for a new press don't get me wrong it works bu itt is really hard to close with high pressure i could not see doing large runs with it

Guest fivestar

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Please people don't skimp on your heatpress.  If you're going to be selling t-shirts then do yourself a favor and get a brand name press.  You won't be sorry.

I ended up getting the George Knight Jetpress12 just to play around and see if this is even something I want to get into.

bk2 just be tripping sometimes well maybe all the time. lol

all i know is.... he got good intentions!

Great news everybody!!! I just picked up a george knight DK20 for $250!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!! The guys former partner talked him into getting one and when the partner left he decided to sell it. I knew it was going to be a good day when i saw that praying mantis this morning!!!

Sorry... just a little excited here  ;D  ;D