Benr98

How big is your family??

Due to another thread about this forum being 'family' and having shared pics, where we live and age...I figured knowing how many siblings you have and where you fall in the line up could be fun.

I'm the youngest of 7.  Unfortunately I lost one brother, one sister and my dad.

Jenny

Hey Slopchops, do you have any brothers or sisters??

i have one son and one daughter.  as far as siblings go i am the oldest of 3 with two sisters.  Im guessing back in the day there wasnt much to do because my grandparents had 17 kids

.......................................................... Im guessing back in the day there wasnt much to do because my grandparents had 17 kids

Wow, my father had 16 brothers & sisters (makes 17). 

I have 1 brother, 2 sisters, 3 sons, and 2 grandchildren.

I am the second oldest of 5. All girls! But I am my dads oldest! My oldest sister is from another dad. And my mom and dad's first born daughter Alexandra died of SIDS, so there should be 6 of us sisters.

Then I have 2 girls and a boy. I named my first born for my sister Alexandra.

4 1/2 older brother, adopted. Prior to adopting my brother, my parents tried having kids for several years that ended in miscarriages, so they adpoted. In one final effort... I popped out!  :)

Jenny... sorry to hear that you have lost so many family members!  ;D

One older brother, and one younger (by 2 weeks) step-sister. Two nieces, two nephews. My mom and dad divorced by the time I was 8. Mom died while I was 16 (a week after her 40th birthday), and my dad died two weeks before his 58th. I never thought I would be one of those people who lost both parents by the time I was 35. Now around the anniversary of my dad passing and his birthday, I call my step-mother daily to keep her emotionally buoyed up.

Guest kenya

I'm the baby of 11.

Eight boys -Three girls.

Lost my 2nd to the oldest brother & my father to cancer.

Mother will be 83 (going strong) & living in our guest house.

The oldest headed to Vietnam when I was born. 19 years difference, but we have a bond that is unbelievable.

but we have a bond that is unbelievable.

Same with our large family.  Just got back from a mini family reunion with all my siblings and their children.  It was awesome with most of us able to be there.  We really enjoy being together.  :lol:

4 1/2 older brother, adopted. Prior to adopting my brother, my parents tried having kids for several years that ended in miscarriages, so they adpoted. In one final effort... I popped out!  :-X

Jenny... sorry to hear that you have lost so many family members!  :lol:

Thanks Firemalt.  The biggest issue was losing all 3 of them less than 24 months apart.

Being one of the oldest of 11 children, I noticed that the youngest got all the good stuff (more to go around I guess as we began leaving home).  :lol:

I'm the poor negelcted middle child  :lol:

Well that explains ALOT!!  :-X  j/k

Being one of the oldest of 11 children, I noticed that the youngest got all the good stuff (more to go around I guess as we began leaving home).  :-X

WOW 11 kids??  I just don't know how parents did it back than....I mean my parents had 7, that is still WAY to much for me!  :lol:

Than again things didn't cost as much, but they didn't make as much either...so I don't know.  Ok rambling off

I'm the poor negelcted middle child  :lol:

Well that explains ALOT!!  :-X  j/k

;D It might...

Guest kenya

4 1/2 older brother, adopted. Prior to adopting my brother, my parents tried having kids for several years that ended in miscarriages, so they adpoted. In one final effort... I popped out!  :-X

Jenny... sorry to hear that you have lost so many family members!  :lol:

Thanks Firemalt.  The biggest issue was losing all 3 of them less than 24 months apart.

So sorry for your loss, losing family members is so hard. Especially in that short of time.

well.. i am in the middle.. i had 2 older brothers (one of my older brothers was shot and killed) and a younger brother and sister.. my wife and i are now expecting our first baby boy.. Luke.. who is due to arrive in this world somewhere in late August.. :lol:

My mom is still going strong at 78, thankfully.

There is an age difference of 18 years between my oldest sister and I (with 5 thrown in between)!  I don't think my mom planned on 'starting over'...LOL

Thank you Kenya, it was difficult in that time frame!  :-