Benr98

Web conference tomorrow for those interested

I received an email from Johnson Plastics (we get our dye sublimation supplies from them) there is a web seminar tomorrow (Wed. 7/30/08) from 3-4pm.

It's free to register and each attendee gets 350 free professional vector graphics.

Here is the link, check it out:

http://www.smartdesigns.com/advertise/mailers/johnsonPlastics.htm

Jenny

Guest fivestar

The ole "find the link" game huh?  :huh::lol::D

Yep Non, Have been for just over a year.  LOVE what it does on mugs!! 

Never messed with it much on shirts.

Jenny

Yep Non, Have been for just over a year.  LOVE what it does on mugs!! 

Never messed with it much on shirts.

Jenny

that must be special. u know the mug thing.  :lol:

Shirts for dye-sub are expensive.  Sold all my dye-sub equipment 2 years ago though. 

Regis

I agree shirts for dye sub are a bit pricey.  They have come up with less expensive alternatives for shirts, such as cheaper dye sub paper, and using a special toner instead of inks. 

Non, are you saying "I'M SPECIAL":huh:  :-  :lol:

lol, yes jenn ur special, but not in a neg way. i have always thought about doing mugs but the process and me not totally knowing it seem so tedious. i don't have that kind of patience. lol although it would be interesting to learn it on a real boring forceful day. lol

Thanks sweetie!! :lol:

Dye sub is not hard at all.  Just print it out on dye sub paper, wrap around mug, put in mug press and waa laaa.

But I may be getting out of it anyways, just because of the cost.  Makes great full color prints though.

The web conference isn't just for dye sub and heck free vector images?? I'll take it.

Guest fivestar

hhhmmm....Jenny when I post the "hide the link game" your link wasn't there.  Actually it still isn't coming up on my screen unless I go to quote your post then I see it there.  I must have something disabled.  :lol:

hhhmmm....Jenny when I post the "hide the link game" your link wasn't there.  Actually it still isn't coming up on my screen unless I go to quote your post then I see it there.  I must have something disabled.  :lol:

Geez Five, you had me concerned I posted it wrong or something...LOL.  I even clicked the link to make sure there was a spot to register, if anyone chooses too.

You have something disabled??? NEVER!!  :huh:

Guest rvgraphixs

Thanks, they offer some free graphics from their site also.

Can we post the code to get to the graphics?

start2008

Thats a pretty cool add on for corel draw. I have X4 so I might have to look at the X4 version when it comes out in Sept. Thanks for the link.

However I was hoping for some different vectors than the ones that are publicly available on their site. Oh well Free is free and they have a good looking product.

What was the code for the free graphics?

I sat through that whole thing & didn't get an e-mail or anything... I think I may have missed it at the end.

Is that what jay posted... start2008?

I'm so lost.

Yea if you sign up and use the johnsonsplastics or whatever it was for the promo code they email you the same start2008 code.

I got pleasant sales call from SmartDesigns today.  I was impressed by the webinar so I was willing to discuss/listen.  Seems like they have an intro version that includes the replace feature that they showed.  And, supporting artwork suitable for cutting (and not just printing). 

I'm tempted and will talk again on monday. 

Anyone jumping into this venture?

Regis

I'm glad to hear some of you took advantage of the webinar!!!

Jenny

i hate i missed it. it wouldn't work for me. i started the log on process through my email and it would get half way through the connecting process and stop with an invalid error. i tried to call but no answer maybe next time. :- :'(

If you use CorelDraw, they, http://www.smartdesigns.com/ have free online training every friday at 3 pm eastern.  Looking at schedule, there are a couple days that interest me.  Worst that can happen is you'll get more sales literature/calls. 

Regis