Sign in to follow this  
Meregator

laserpoint blades

I got a bunch of roland compatable blades online and they're just slightly too large in diameter to fit past the spring in the blade holder.  What size blades work with the laserpoint?

Not sure of the size in diameter, but the Roland compatible blades we sell work in all of our cutters- except for the GraphTecs. Spring in the blade holder?

Yeah, if I try to insert one of the blades I bought it won't go past the spring inside the holder, so it just keeps getting pushed out again.  Are all roland compatible blades the same or are there different types?

The difference between Roland compatible blades and Roland blades are the Roland cutting blade is thicker/fatter. The shaft should be the same size. Your not putting it on the shaft release blade side?

Could you post a parts breakdown of this area?  Sure would be nice to communicate with the right terms/parts.

Thank you,

Regis

I ordered roland compatible blades... but the shaft is slightly larger in diameter on the ones I just purchased (compared to the ones that came with the cutter).  Yes, the silver push rod is still in place, and no, I'm not putting the blades in the wrong side of the holder.  I did just try a different one and it just barely sneaked past the spring inside the holder, so maybe I can make them work... it's entirely possible the store I bought them from goofed and sent rolands.

Umm.... if the US Cutters are Roland compatible, then shouldn't both Roland, and Roland compatible blades work in an LP?

Umm.... if the US Cutters are Roland compatible, then shouldn't both Roland, and Roland compatible blades work in an LP?

I would assume, but there may be different type Roland blades....

Ahhh ... good to know.

I'm now learned ... at least with this bit of info  :thumbsup: