Sign in to follow this  
Red Beard

Total noob, questions!

Ok, I got my 24" LaserPoint Cutter, and I'm super excited. My family business got it for all the signs we should have been making all this time, and now we can! We have so many uses instore for it (including my cruiser  :))

I do have a couple of questions:

Setting it up, I think I have it set up right, is that canvas thing for the finished vinyl to get fed into, as like a bucket? I don't know even how to set the canvas up, I see it in the photo but not sure how to set everything up.

Also, do you guys have just standalone on the stand or integrated in a table? I've seen one that was like in a table and it was nice for convience, but not sure if it was REALLY needed. And its kinda in a corner. Do you need a lot of space for this cutter?

I have yet to set it up just yet because I haven't recieved my activation code  :) and I need more cable, like 10ft at least to get to the computer.

But I can't wait to get started, I've been working with Vector for a LONG time now and I've always wanted to use a vinyl cutter, so I'm itching to get cutting.

First off, welcomesign.gif to the forum!

Keep in mind this is only my personal experience, but here are my answers ...

The canvas is a "media basket" for pre-cut and post-cut material. It seemed weird, but this is how I set mine up.

The center part of the canvas with the velcro? I used it over the center horizontal support, so that there a bin in the front of the cutter and a bin in the back. There have been many times where I have used "loose" vinyl and it does unfurl into the bin. I'm grateful for the bin because I have dogs, albeit low shed dogs, but dogs that shed. The bin has spared me the need to de-fur any vinyl that has gotten away or off the rollers in the back. There are also instances where I've cut some long stuff and the front bin has been a life saver for the same reasons.

My only issue is that those dang chrome basket supports are so long. I'm going to use a grinder to shorten them up so I can scoot the cutter closer to the wall.

Again, this is only my personal experience and I could totally have it butt-backwards  :)

It only really needs whatever footprint you end up with. I have mine tucked in the corner.