Sign in to follow this  
ralais

Heat Press Size Vs. Vinyl Size

If I have a 15 x 15 heat press, but I want to press an image that is 20 x 12... how would I go about doing this?  Or... could I even do this?  Would I be able to do it in sections?

You can press it by sections. I have done it. Press the first 15 inches, then press the rest.

JC

Guest fivestar

You can do it, lay the design on the shirt.  Press the area under the press first then move the shirt to where the rest of the design is under the press and press it.  Then remove the backing and I would repress it again for about 8 seconds.

Would that not affect the part that is already pressed?  I would worry that i might overheat the first part that was pressed?  Then again..i haven't done it yet..im just speaking from my imagination.

Guest fivestar

No Charlie, once it's pressed on there you can re-press the vinyl as many times as you want.  Wait until you start doing multicolors.  I've pressed some things 5-6 times when doing multicolors.

Well that was going to be my next heat press question... can i repress?

I want to make a shirt with multiple designs (colors) & was trying to figure out if I had to place it all first then press... or if I could do them one at a time.

No Charlie, once it's pressed on there you can re-press the vinyl as many times as you want.  Wait until you start doing multicolors.  I've pressed some things 5-6 times when doing multicolors.

Now this is sounding more and more of a great venture.  I want my press to arrive already!  Thanx for the info bro~!

Many ready to apply graphics are larger than our heat press. We use Stahl's double stick tape to keep everything in place, put the shirt on a heat resistant fibre board and then press the first part. If your transfer is a cold peel, this works very well as you can just then press the final section and let the whole thing cool and peel. If it is a hot split you can press the first section, peel back and trim of the paper and then use a teflon sheet on the edges trying as best you can to only heat the new section. Heat it and then hot peel the final section. It's tricky but can be done