Sign in to follow this  
venice_d

New one in Cali

Hi folks, I'm Rex, in Venice beach on the west side of LA.  I'm a creative director for a clothing brand and a bit of a do-it-all artist/designer.    I've been using vinyl for one thing or another for ages, finally getting around to cutting my own.  Was always held back by the cost of plotters, but I ended up spending less on my pcut that I would have spent at the local sign shop last week!  Finding this forum was a big plus in getting me to go with USCutter, and so far the Pcut has worked beautifully. Had it set up and running on a Macbook pro via usb w/ Adobe Illustrator CS3 & Signcut X2 in about 30 minutes. For a test workout I gave our retail store windows a facelift and decal'd out the company car for the upcoming Gumball Rally, the pcut breezed through it.  It'll be seeing a lot more automotive and signage projects, as well as cutting a lot of paint masks. I look forward to sharing some tips, tricks, successes & the occasional utter failures with you guys-

cheers!

Welcome Rex, sounds like your cutter has already helped out alot and I'm sure saved you alot of money.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Guest fivestar

Welcome Rex, sounds like the cutter has already paid for itself.  Amazing huh, how it could pay for itself within a week. 

Thanks for the welcome everyone, great community you have going here, happy to be a part of it.

Sounds like a plan Charlie!  We might even cross paths at a so-cal race or RC event.  My company co-sponsors a car in the formula-d series, so I make it to most of those. Irwindale is coming up soon, any chance you'll be there?  (good opp. for you to butter up the falken guys some more!)

Irwindale is on 10/11, mark it on your calander! We should have a booth there somewhere, I'll pm ya the info when I get it.