Sign in to follow this  
topcatfavors

Cutter cuts even when the blade is being moved to new postion

Hi,

I have just put a new blade in my laser point 24  and I am having a problem setting the blade / pressure. 

If I set the pressure to low (70-80) (I am cutting FDC 2.8mil calendered vinyl) when I go to weed, many of the letters do not stick to the backing and I have to punch them through or hold them down to the backing while I weed. 

If I increase the pressure, the blade continues to cut as the blade holder is traveling to the next cutting position.  this causes some of my letters to have cut marks going through them. 

Also, my the part that holds the blade holder is so tight that I don't even need to tighten the screw that holds the blade holder in it.  I  have to force the blade holder into it. it does not seem like that should happen, if it is so tight, why would you need the screw to tighten it?

Set the pressure to at least 120, then retract the blade in the blade holder if it is cutting too deep. Blade should barely be sticking out of the holder when it is dialed in correctly.

incease your blade offset or overcut.. if it is not completing the cut at the origin or start point of each letter,it won't weed easily,because a tiny bit is not cut.