juniorranger

Scanning in logos

When i scan in logos with my HP 1310 3-1 scanner printer, then import or open them in sign blazer then vectorize them, when i go to cut the product or blow it up it is real grainey and choppy and looks like crap, what am i doing wrong, i tried and downloaded photoshop and cant make heads or tails of that deal, what am i doing wrong, it has really limited what i can do when customers bring me their drawing or artwork. I am at a stand still at this point with custom work other than just plain letters.

When i scan in logos with my HP 1310 3-1 scanner printer, then import or open them in sign blazer then vectorize them, when i go to cut the product or blow it up it is real grainey and choppy and looks like crap, what am i doing wrong, i tried and downloaded photoshop and cant make heads or tails of that deal, what am i doing wrong, it has really limited what i can do when customers bring me their drawing or artwork. I am at a stand still at this point with custom work other than just plain letters.

you need to set your scanner to scan at the highest resoultion (DPI) that you can. It will be a huge file.

Or.... Trace and clean up using a Vector driven program such as Illustrator or Inkscape.. which I'm not 100% sure, but is free to use and download?

Photoshop is Bitmap driven.. So as to get clean images from it, As said.... the Files will have to be big or Huge in size.

This is of course that the original logo is a good size to scan from? If its small from the start, Redrawing is your best option.