Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Which design do you like best?

I am working on a t-shirt design for Route 55 Guitar Parts.Here is the links to the t's : http://www.route66guitarparts.com/tshirts.html

I would like some input on which tee is the best.The one made up of the guitar pick and the rt66 shield was printed on the pocket of the tee itself.The lettering on that pocket logo is 3/16ths.It weeded out well,but it was really hard to weed the lettering around the r's o's and a's.Let me know what you think.I am either going to sell one logo design,or maybe both and a couple more I am working on.Thanks.

Bill

Hey Billy I like the first one myself ..... Just like that design a whole lot better .

Pretty easy design with the one color press needed ......

I like it better myself.My wife prefers the one with just the pick and lettering.I wanted to design a logo that was just one color.It makes it easier for any use.I find a lot of businesses design their logos with multiple colors.There are just some applications where multi color does not work well.And the prices you have to pay to get a 4 to 6 color logo make it costly to market for give away promotions,like the picks I'm going to imprint.Thanks for the input!

Bill

I like the rt 66 shield too.I think I'm going to use it as the main logo.But I' going to use the regular pick and a couple of other one color designs that I can market on t-shirts and guitar case stickers.Thanks BG.

the second one!!

I print tess and the second one has a very classic...unmistakable look!!  VERY nice!

may i ask what material you cut for heat application on shirts?

I am about to buy a cutter (have always printed with pre-cut stuff before) and wonder about the best heat apply material and the source

thanks!!

Thanks.I like the shield design as well.I have it on three of the walls in my shop,and a couple of places in front of my house.I used hotmark 40 htv from signwarehouse.com . It cost me around $30.00 shipped,for a 15" x 11' roll.I does have a plastisol feel after it's printed.And with the white on black there is no bleed.When I screen print white on black,I use super opaque white,and I still have to print and flash it off at least two times to eliminate the black bleed through.They also have a hotmark 70,which has more color choices than the 40,and it works on low heat apparel.It's a lot less hassle than screen printing,and it produces the same effect.

Thanks Billy...

does the hotmarc stuff have a masking or backing material on it already that you weed excess away from that then acts like application tape (keeping lettering etc spaced and intact) or do you have to buy a seperate backing or mask?  Stahls.com has stuff in yards that has no backing but if you buy their precut names etc the have been backed with a clear plastic type material to keep spacing.  now...I bet what I am asking is probably clear as mud...huh??  :-

The hotmark cuts just like regular vinyl.Then you weed it out just like you would regular vinyl.You have to do the graphic in mirror image.You don't have to apply transfer tape to it.You just lay it on the garment,backing side up and apply firm pressure ,and I use 280 degrees for 18 to 20 seconds.I probably use too much pressure and more time and heat,but I like the print to go more into the garment,than to just lay into the top fibers.I still get no bleed with the extreme pressure I use. It really has a rubber feel to it when you're weeding. And the backing has a low tack adhesive,so when you weed,always do the small areas first,and weed the outer last.If you don't you will have adhesive all over your hands. Which not only leaves the f.b.i. a damn good set of prints,but the adhesive transfer from your hands to the design will compromise the adhesion of the design to the garment. I know you probably wanted a short answer to whatever it is you be talking about. But I decided to go the long way and try to cover whatever is was I thought you were asking.I haven't used thermoflex,but I think it runs about the same price,and the thermoflex is 15" x 5' .The hotmark is 15" x 11' .That extra 6 feet comes in handy when you make a mistake and have to recut.