lilsalmon

Not cutting correctly, A few issues. Buttons not working.

I purchased a laserpoint 24 with the signcut software. I have noticed that the buttons on the front of the cutter never seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? How do i get to reposition or recalibrate the vinyl starting point? What is the little red push button for on the right hand side of the assembly for?

When I send something to cut from the signcut software the plotter runs off about 4 feet of vinyl and then the head goes all the way to the right and sits there. HELP! this is getting really frustrating. I read on the forums elsewhere that a manual was going to be published by last week. Any luck with that? If so where is it at?

Thanks so much for any help you can lend me.

P.S. I am using a serial connection.

-Brian

The little red buttons on each side are emergency stop buttons.. if the cutting head goes to far either direction it will stop when it hits the red button.

Sounds like you've got it talking.. the first thing I would do is go through and make sure the port is setup correctly on the PC and software... they should be set the same.

Well I have gotten it to cut a really small design.... if the port were not configured correctly wouldn't it not cut at all?

Also why are none of the buttons functional on the unit itself? Is there ANY darn documentation on what each button does?

Thanks.

You didn't say that above..

"When I send something to cut from the signcut software the plotter runs off about 4 feet of vinyl and then the head goes all the way to the right and sits there."

Control Panel doesn't work... OH KEN...

No matter what I press on the control panel nothing happens. I have no way of kowing what any of the buttons even do. There was apromise here in the forums about a manual coming about about two weeks ago and I have yet to see anything. I am just looking for some help at getting this thing working.

-Brian

When you turn on the cutter, it should say Online. You press the Online button to take it offline.

Once it is offline, you can use the Mode button to navigate menu options. The + or - buttons adjust values for the menu options. The arrows are used to move the material or carriage when offline.

Gotchya Ken. Thanks. One last question... how do I setup the origin point on my Laserpoint? and do you have any idea what my problem may be below?

In signcut have the sizing correct etc. now and it previews correctly however the minute I send the sign to cut my plotter reels off about 4 feet of vinyl and then immediately the cutting head goes completely to the left and sits against the rail. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I am using a serial cable.

P.S.S. Any luck on the actual manual for the laserpoint?

Thanks again Ken all help is appreciated.

-Brian

There are only a few things you need to know about the cutter itself: How to set the Pressure, Cut Speed, and Origin, and how to turn it on. The Pressure and Cut Speed are set using the Mode button to navigate to each option. Ignore everything else you come across in the mode options. The only other one is origin. To set the origin, press the Online button, then you see the x and y values. When these values are zeroed out, that is the starting point. While on this screen you can use the arrows to move the carriage or material and you will see the values change. When you get it to where you want it to start cutting on your material, press the button in the middle of the arrows to zero out the values again, and that will be the new origin.

Awesome Ken thanks for that. It helps a ton. How do you know what Pressure and cut speed to set it at?

Any news on the manual?

-Brian

Ok one last question. Is the blade supposed to be facing a certain direction. I mean since it goes to a point on one side should it be mounted so its facing you or towards one side or another?

Thanks.

-Brian

no,the blade rotates as it cuts.It follows the natural direction,strictly on its own.

AWESOME! Thanks fellas, I appreciate all the help. I really do. I was getting a bit frustrated. Everything worked great when I got home yesterday. However with my luck we lost power due to a storm so I couldn't cut anything out once I got everything running ok, but at least i have piece of mind now. Can't wait to get home and get cutting!

-Brian