Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

Mighty Press

Does anyone have a Mighty Press? I just received mine and it doesnt say if the temp displayed is f or c . I wanted to be sure before I burned any shirts up

Guest fivestar

It's in fahrenheit.  BTW, what size you get?  I've got a 16x20 digital and it is SWEET.

I got the same one getting ready to try it out now. It looks cool, I even bit for the extra platens dont know why just had to have them! Hey it says it has a Teflon Coated Heat Platen so do you still use a teflon sheet when you press?

Guest fivestar

YES............Use it........I accidently had a safety stripe turned upside down and pressed it without a teflon sheet.......Let me tell you, it stuck to the platen real well.  My press was brand new when I did it.  I was like "hhhmmmm this isn't good."  LOL I ended up getting it off with COEDS t-saver vinyl remover.

I actually use a teflon sheet anytime there is any vinyl exposed without the mylar backing over it.  If you don't have a teflon sheet, the paper backing from sign vinyl works good too until you can get a teflon sheet.

Thanks Fivestar, I have a sheet just didnt know if i needed it. Im off to try not to burn a shirt

haha i stupidly pressed something the other day "the first day i received it" upside down on my press good thing it was just a little letter it wasn't too bad to get it off i deff need a teflon sheet

Guest fivestar

Joe try that with Thermoflex's safety silver.  :);D ;D There is no sticky side and I just did a 1"x18" stripe and got in a hurry. 

You guys are making this sound tricky... maybe I should let my heat press sit in the box for a few weeks... or months.

Guest fivestar

Rala it is simple, we just tend to complicate things.  :);D ;D

Rala it is simple, we just tend to complicate things.  :);D ;D

Man... I do fit in really well here.

Scary

<hitchcock music playing in the background>