Sign in to follow this  
mikeT

prints but won't cut

i set up new 24'' LP right ,but when i click to cut it says sending output to cutter then nothing.  anyone know what could be wrong?    thanks ,Mike

The main things I have found is check the LCD display and see that it says "On Line"  --

Also if you are using a USB cable replace the cable or better yet go to a serial cable -- a lot of people have reported too many problems with USB (myself included!) After switching to serial all my problems went away.

other then that we would need a lot more information as to what is going on and how your system is set up.

Also do a search on this forum as this is a very common problem with new set up.

Once you get over this hurdle there will be more, but it is fun. And once you get it working it is very addictive!!

have fun and welcome to the cutting world (and the roller coaster!)

I went and got a serial to usb adapter. still not working .  when i go to cut tile it starts sending output to cutter then stops.

Safe to assume that you're using SBE? If so, when going into the cut screen, make sure that you have the right driver being used and that the output file is going to the right port. I used to have the problem, then realized that it was stupid user error (I'm not calling you stupid  :thumbsup:). Stupid user (myself) didn't have the right driver and "port" selected. After that, life has been cake.

If you are confident it's a software issue (which is what it sounds like), the SBE forum is also very helpful (see the sticky at the top of this bulletin board).