Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

Cutter cutting design

I'm not sure if this goes here or under signblzer. When i try to do a small test file that just says test, and send it to the cutter it cutts all over the design criss crossing and everything. It cutts my T's in half. Does anyone have anyidea what I may be doing wrong?

Pat

Did it just start doing this or are you setting up new machine?  If new, be sure your blade is set correctly like para 3.2 in user manual.

sounds like you blade is sticking out to far. it's probably 'slashing' as it's trying to move from one letter to the next.

Thanks everyone I will try those ideas on monday. I know if I dont select the right cutter model that it wont cut at all. When I turn the blade adjustment knob the blade does not seem to move. I have ordered a new part on Thursday to hopefully take care of the off tracking. Maybe this will also help. I dont know if it was shipped yet, i'm hoping though so I can get started cutting vinyl

Pat

When you pull out the blade holder, see if it easily moves up and down, or if it gets sticky. While the blade within the holder itself is not a part that should be going up and down during normal cutting, it might be a little stuck and a little too far sticking out. Does the carriage itself not lift the blade when it's moving from cutting one item to the next?

If I have the wrong "printer" selected, mine too doesn't cut. I know that there are updated drivers, however, the driver that I am using (before they even wrote one specifically for the LP) seems to work fine ... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Keep on posting, and we'll keep on replying until everything gets rolling smoothly! We're kind of persistent that way  :thumbsup: