cherrybomb

New guy from Aust

Hi guys,

As I write, I believe my new and very first 24" PCut is sitting in the back cargo hold of some Great Tin Bird heading my way...

Never done any Vinyl cutting before,..... In fact, I have no idea even what it is??.. Just kidding.

But I'm a fast learner. Have a bit of natural talent with design and Graphic arts.

And so with my trusty Mac, dated copy of Illy, Hope to produce some thing close to salable.

Decals and T-shirts are two particular area's I'm keen to dip into for a start. While I slowly build my Air Brushing skills (Kustom Auto Painting) and Screen print my own label T's.

Well in short, thats my CV. lol

Thanks for having me.

Guest kenya

Welcome cherrybomb......

this is the best place for help & ideas.

Welcome.  looking forward to seeing some of your artwork.

I'll trade places? lol.

For what I have seen The U.S also has some stunning landscapes..

Australia has its beauty for sure.. A little to much desert for my tastes. But I'm a coast man.

I tried living inland.. Once....... Never again.

Welcome CB...

I'll trade with ya. Here in Texas, this coming week we're expecting 102 F with 95% humidity without rain for about 14 days. Thank God for cold beer!  :thumbsup::P;D

95% humidity.... I never thought Texas would be so Humid.. would have thought it too be a dry heat..

Buy then again It looks to be rather barren and dry... Well, for what little I have seen.

I'm guessing now its rather the opposite? lol

Your Budweiser is a nice beer, Didn't mind Coors either. Its not cheap to buy hear tho.

Well... from what I'm reading in the news paper this morning BUDWEISER JUST SOLD OUT TO ANOTHER COUNTRY, so it may get cheaper soon! I think it was for something like 56 billion dollars.

Belgium.

It won't be long til the good ole USA is 100% owned by foreign corporations. A good bit of it already is. Greed rules!

We hear are hearing ya!

Much of our biggest company's are or have been sold off to off shore buyers for some time.

With little effort of our Government... Its a wonder some times who they are actually supporting?

Funny thing hear tho. Even if the Japs brought out Budweiser, The price would still stay the same for us.

Next to Europe, Aust is costly.

tell me about it! When I was selling antiques on ebay... I had people in Australia pay more for postage than for the actual item...apparently, some old junk is hard to find there, or very expensive when you do find it.

Your right about the price!

Your cars are a prime example. A shame we have ever gotten so little of your cars imported hear over the years... Its no surprise that many Aussies head there for the Sole purpose to bring back fully restored of left untouched classics to be shipped back hear.

Antiques too, are very dear hear. I'm not into it myself, But I do know its not cheap to get into.

Sometime shipping cost is justified.

My plotter for a good example: For a USCutter MH "copy" (Rabbitt 720) Sold hear on eBay sells for $800Aust.

I recall UScutters being sold (hear) on eBay for well over $1000Aust.

This is why I looked off shore for a price comparison... Even tho I still have to buy a plug adapter as well as a step-down transformer to run the plotter hear. I still come under the above Generic $800 machine.

Won Auction for $200.65USD (eBay.com).. I think it converted to $220? giver or take.

Shipping $350USD

Transformer and plug $30

Shipping $67.

Now If I can find some one to ship Vinyl to me?.......  ;D

Hey CB  ;D  I'm in QLD!  I scored a refine mh721 from ebay as well, and I'm pretty happy with it.  Just need to develop my graphical "talent"  ;D

I buy my vinyl from Supply1 - http://www.supply1.com.au/ (hope it's ok to put that here).  Their prices are...hmmm...resonable.  It's cheaper to buy in 1220 wide and get em to cut it in half.  It's nice they do that for free.

Hi Dion, Yeah I had there link but thought their prices were a touch steep (but expected)... Hence the looking into getting it shipped over.

But since I still haven't heard word from them, I've looked hear.

I did look at this place Dion, Its good quality Vinyl and there stock is pretty varied too. http://www.ags.com.au/

So for now I think i'll try them out.

Oh and hey Man, How long have you been cutting for?.

Good to see another Aussie

Dan

Hey Dan - it's more of a hobby thing for me rather than trying to make money.  But hey - if I make money it's a bonus right?  :lol:  I been mucking around with this for about a month, just doing simple things.  Going to try a layered one this week - hope I don't stuff it  :lol:

It all starts out as "Just a little cutting for ya self, then ya friends".... Then before you know it, Your stepping into a shop full time lol.... Well, One could only wish.

But the way I see it is, If you can make a little coin on the side, Thats an extra dollar towards more Vinyl. Thats how I'll be playing it.. With a little pushing? hehe.

I'm a big fan of the duel colours my self.

I'm keen to try one out my self, With some Metalic Vinyl.

Dan