Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

Message for women and small framed men

Guest gracewriter

This is soooooo cool.  You know how the seat belt can at times feel like it's strangling you?  I've got a large truck and no matter what I have done or bought over the last few years to get that thing off my neck, I still have to drive with it under my arm or rubbing against my neck.

well, the other day I was in too much of a hurry to worry about getting it on straight.  So I buckled it all twisted up and off I went.  Later I realized it wasn't rubbing my neck and was square between my "you-know-what's" and off my neck, where it's SUPPOSED TO BE!

I felt so empowered and soooo comfortable to finally be able to drive without worrying if I get into an accident it cutting through the artery in my neck, or worse, well you get the picture.

So, forget about those stupid $10.00 pieces of plastic at the auto store that are supposed to help keep it off your neck, just twist the belt and it'll ride where it's supposed to.

Gracie's Corner

Guest fivestar

You can do like me, it'll never get in your road.  Don't wear one.  ;D:);D I can't stand the damn things and I think it should be illegal for the government to tell you you have to.  I'm a big boy and if I choose not to wear one then that should be my decision, not the government's.  By me not wearing a seatbelt doesn't have any impact on anyone but myself.

You can do like me, it'll never get in your road.  Don't wear one.  ;D ;D :) I can't stand the damn things and I think it should be illegal for the government to tell you you have to.  I'm a big boy and if I choose not to wear one then that should be my decision, not the government's.  By me not wearing a seatbelt doesn't have any impact on anyone but myself.

ummmm...... what about your wife and family?    :)

Guest fivestar

By me wearing or not wearing my seatbelt does not impact them at all.  Now by me being in an accident that would impact them.  My point is, the government has no business telling me to wear my seatbelt.  If they are that worried about saving lives then they should make the automobile industry start using steel again in their vehicles instead of styrofoam and plastic. 

Guest gracewriter

You can do like me, it'll never get in your road.  Don't wear one.  ;D:);D I can't stand the damn things and I think it should be illegal for the government to tell you you have to.  I'm a big boy and if I choose not to wear one then that should be my decision, not the government's.  By me not wearing a seatbelt doesn't have any impact on anyone but myself.

I agree, but the incessant DING DING DING reminding you to put it on NEVER GOES AWAY.  I never used to wear one before the ding.

Guest fivestar

google it, it should tell you how to disable it.

I agree, but the incessant DING DING DING reminding you to put it on NEVER GOES AWAY.  I never used to wear one before the ding.

You can just route the seat belt behind the seat and clip it. That'll get rid of the ding ... unless you have those automatic seat belts, then you'll just have to deal with it.

Guest gracewriter

By me wearing or not wearing my seatbelt does not impact them at all.  Now by me being in an accident that would impact them.  My point is, the government has no business telling me to wear my seatbelt.  If they are that worried about saving lives then they should make the automobile industry start using steel again in their vehicles instead of styrofoam and plastic. 

Woo hoo Fivestar!!!  You are sooooooooooooo right!  ...and I'm not even republican :)

See, this is the thing about the smart car that's so smart.  It has a steel frame.  Even though it looks a bit precarious, it's probably the safest car on the road other than the Merceedes who stilll uses steel frames.

Ok, Bannerjohn I know you're cringing on my spelling right now.  But I just don't feel like looking those words up.

i for one dont ware a kill belt they can save you or kill you so i refuse to wear one and also i got a doctors note that when ever i do get pulled i show them the doctors note and it is also listed on the ncic computers that the police use  with my doctors note basically i am scared of being trapped in some place i do not ride elevators as i am closed in

i have cussed many officers out and got alot of them doing desk duty for a while now damn it sucks when your whole family is either lawyers judges deputys police officers sbi instructors us marshals and atf and us customes

when we all make a stand the government will not make stupid ass laws telling u what to do next thing  they will tell you when to take a breath

Guest kenya

Good info......

my mother is so tiny, I'm doing this when she rides in my truck.

Thanks for sharing!

My seat belt doesn't bother me, before it was made a law I never wore a seat belt, I believe the one accident I was in would have done MORE damage had I wore it.

But now I wear it religiously, I feel awkward NOT to!!

Repo, sounds like you have one interesting family.  :)

Jenny

You can do like me, it'll never get in your road.  Don't wear one.  :) :) :) I can't stand the damn things and I think it should be illegal for the government to tell you you have to.  I'm a big boy and if I choose not to wear one then that should be my decision, not the government's.  By me not wearing a seatbelt doesn't have any impact on anyone but myself.

exactly! It's not up to the government to tell you or me what we can or cannot do in cases like this.

About two weeks ago, a man died not far from here...he ran off the interstate in the night,flipped upside down in a creek. He drowned because he couldn't get his seatbelt unlatched because of the strain on it. When I was with the rescue squad, we had a few people burn to death because they panicked and couldn't get the seatbelt unlatched...and we couldn't get close enough to help them because of the flames. I quit the squad shortly after...the screams of people burning to death will haunt me to my grave.

oh wow sorry to hear that banner john i bet it will still haunt you for the rest of your life

yes i was in several auto accidents and all said if i was wearing my seat belt i would have had my head litterly cutt off my thing is it can save you and also it can kill you so it is up to the individuale who wants to wear the killer

my sister was in a bad 10-50 pi ( accident personal injury ) and they said the seat belt saved her  but like she says  it can save you and it also can kill you

but john hopefully you will get over the nightmares  and the greafsticken screams that may still ahuant you to this day  thanks to you and the rest of the brave men and woman we are gratefull for people, like you

Guest gracewriter

Wow, John.  What an awful thing to live with.

I definitely believe it can save you or hurt/kill a person.  I'm sure there has to be stats on the percentage it saved as well.

I think it boils down to, does the government have the right to tell us to wear them??  It would be different if they bought us the vehicles to drive in AND paid for the insurance and repairs!!  :)

Guest gracewriter

I definitely believe it can save you or hurt/kill a person.  I'm sure there has to be stats on the percentage it saved as well.

I think it boils down to, does the government have the right to tell us to wear them??  It would be different if they bought us the vehicles to drive in AND paid for the insurance and repairs!!  :)

I have a feeling there were stats and the insurance companies lobbied for the law.  There is always money as a motivator when it comes to ANYTHING our government is involved in.

I have a feeling there were stats and the insurance companies lobbied for the law.  There is always money as a motivator when it comes to ANYTHING our government is involved in.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I wear mine because the mickey-mouse cops in this town love writing tickets. They won't DARE go over in the section of town where you can buy drugs on any corber,but they love giving out tickets for seatbelt violations,and speeding tickets to little old ladies for going 30 in a 25mph zone (my mom).

Digest this:

when I was 16 and driving my first car for the first time on a real road by myself...a woman ran a stop sign at 60mph and T-boned me. The cop who came told me that if I HAD been wearing a seatbelt, I probably would have died. What saved me was being thrown to the other side of the car. The drivers side door was where the shifter was.

I think that the solution to the whole thing is for Car makers to make cars whose DOORS DON'T FLY OPEN in a crash. You always read that those who die are ejected from the vehicle.

Just one man's 2p worth.

Guest sciondrgn

I think in every case there is going to be stories of both sides.. I don't agree with the government telling people they have to wear them, it should be choice but I would not be alive today if it wasn't for seat belts, I wear mine every time.

I had a wheel fall off (brakes,rim,rotor, everything) Just sheered off the car on the interstate, I flipped about 5 times when I skidded off the road. I landed upside down and walked away with minor scrapes. I am very thankful that no one else hit me as it was rush hour and lots of traffic in Atlanta on I75, The officer said if I wasn't wearing my seat belt I would have more then likely got flung out of the car and right into oncoming traffic.

Also if someone rides with me, if they dont want to put their belt on then they can walk. My Car My Rules..

If you don't wear a seatbelt around here the fuzz are going to give you about 150 good reasons why you should. The shoulder straps used to annoy me but at Wal-mart you can buy these soft sheepskin collars you can attach to the upper part of your seatbelt to eliminate that belt rub on your neck.

Me, I keep a low profile and obey the law. I find if I show I am smarter than them, they show me how to lighten my wallet without touching me.

If I touch them, they touch me a lot harder plus other things.

Hell, here I got a ticket for parking to close to a stop sign.  :thumbsup:

I prefer to keep my jing.