Sign in to follow this  
andy

need help downloading inkscape on my mac

I hope someone can help me, when I try to open inkscape that I downloaded, it says I need to download x11 first on my macmini, but when I try to get the x11 the computer will say it already have & don't need to install x11.Help :huh:

problem solved :thumbsup:downloaded the x11 from installation disk that came with purchasing my mac.

I'm trying to install inkscape on my mac too. when i open the application, one of two things with happen - either it tells me something or another about x11 then does nothing, or x11 opens up then does nothing.

Please have patience with me. I'm a total newbie to mac and know just about nothing about how they work.

what mac system are you using? I have MacOsx TIGER & the x11 is located in the Mac OsX installation disk that came with my mac mini purchase. You can look for it there & when you find it click a few buttons to install & HELLO inkscape!

I had this problem for weeks(about where to find x11, coz I can't find it anywhere on the web( it has the x11 for the Mac OsX(panther)-lower version. But for TIGER it says it's in the install disk.

Hiya-

I just completed this exercise this AM on my 20" iMac running tiger.  I had an old panther image from my old powerbook I thought would work, but no-go.

http://overstimulate.com/articles/installing-x11-on-os-x-10-4-tiger

I found this and installation was flawless.  I put in my install disk (disk 1), followed the simple steps.  I restarted, and Inkscape came up with no problems.  Now I just gotta figure Inkscape out!

Hope this helps,

Kev