nonabelle

WHY WOULD ANYBODY...?

yall know i want to know, so therefore i'm not being noisy. i have noticed lately when i'm fewing who's on line, there's a guest always printing topics. why in the world would u want to do that, i mean topics with graphic request. that is really weird to me. anyway, i think we r being spyed on. no j/k.

Guest sciondrgn

Most of the "guests" are more then likely bots/spiders. For some reason with this software it has them doing all sorts of actions. There was a plug in I used at one time that would label them with what they really are. ie. "Google Spider, Yahoo Spider" So forth and so forth.

Hey Non, one day when I was checking...it showed a guest printing your topic about your dogs!!!!

Hey Non, one day when I was checking...it showed a guest printing your topic about your dogs!!!!

i know i saw that too. ooh creepy.

i don't think u should be able to read the topics if ur not logged on. that's my opinion.

and then i noticed these guest r always checking members profiles. why, for information uh?

I say we ban them!!! :)

seriously, hell yes, i don't like that.

that defeats the purpose.

Guest sciondrgn

Yes thats basically what they do. They crawl websites for information.

Its hard to totally get rid of them but you can limit what the guest profile is allowed to do

I say we ban them!!! :)

LOL, what's up with you and banning people?!?! LMAO

and then i noticed these guest r always checking members profiles. why, for information uh?

I've noticed this too... I always see them looking at Ken and your profile!

I think you are all a little paranoid!  :) Just don't post (or add to your profile) anything you don't want anyone else to see.

I think that if you have to be logged in to see posts it would keep a lot of new people from joining our fantastic forum. I know when I go to other forums it's nice to be able to poke around without filling out all the profile information first. Sometimes you just want to read what is there.

where do you al see this. i would like to see who is watching me. big brother is always watching.

I think you are all a little paranoid!  :) Just don't post (or add to your profile) anything you don't want anyone else to see.

I think that if you have to be logged in to see posts it would keep a lot of new people from joining our fantastic forum. I know when I go to other forums it's nice to be able to poke around without filling out all the profile information first. Sometimes you just want to read what is there.

jay please, it's not being paronoid that sh@t is screepy. if ur that interested just join. that's just like people lurking around ur house. and then printing the scrap off. that's crazy, why would u print a graphic request duh? why would u be printing off about some puppies. call it what u want, but i don't like it.

Guest fivestar

There's a way for nobody other then admins and mods to "see" you.  :)  As for the guests online, like someone else said, they are probably spiders and bots just indexing the pages.