JoeCamaro

License Plates: Are they popular?

Is anybody being successful selling license plates?

I have been thinking about offering them, but Im not sure how good they are. I dont want to buy a bunch of them as I prefer to go and but them as needed. I can get them 6" x 12" with my local supplier for about $4.00.

I know I can get them cheaper online, but shipping to PR is always expensive, so the difference can be just tiny.

I have looked on ebay and other sites and prices range from $5.00 to $15.00 for already decorated plates.

How much should I charge for 1 color designs on license plates? What is a fair price?

Joe

here's a gy at our local fair,been there for years. Salls custom plates for $10. He always has a line,and he is so busy you have to come back in 2-3 hours to pick it up.

Price wise...are you talking plastic or metal?

I can get plastic license plates here. im not sure if they sell metal l p. I have to check that.

JC

You guys referring to just customized plate covers?  I know you can also get license plate blanks, which would be something people like car dealerships would want.

Joe, I do metal plates for 18.00 with reflective lettering, mostly for the area Fire Companies. The local sign guy gets 35.00 for the same thing.

I think having some blank plastic license frames around is a good idea!! I mean they don't cost much and you just never know when you may get some orders.  Just my 2 cents.

Jenny

I'm after some blanks in Australia - need to make some plates for my race car  :huh:  If anyone hears of anything, please let me know!

I'd be just after the plates - no frames.  What's the price you're after?

Guest crshirts

I bought a few from sign warehouse just to try out.(plastic ones) We'll se how they go.

Carl