I have a MH 871 MK2 Plotter. When running a long plot (30" +) it will stop in the middle of the plot. Is this a memory problem?

More than likely a static buildup as the vinyl runs through, is your machine/stand grounded? Do you use anti-static (dryer) sheets or spray? On carpet or solid floor? Increase the relative humidity if you can in the room.

Static would be my guess as well. And to be clear you need to ground the vinyl. Most people accomplish this by grounding the stand. USCutter also sells a grounding kit that basically draps a metal chain across the vinyl to dissipate static.

Ho ! Thanks for the tip, looking for the word "ground" on the forum there are a lot of information.

By my side i encounter no problem but by security i will connect my plotter stand to my steel desk stand (or "legs"), even if my plotter is already connected to the power ground and to the stand (yellow cable).

Grounding without a Stand - MH Series Vinyl Cutters - USCutter Forum

Another way to ground your cutter - General discussion - USCutter Forum

I did not imagine what kind of problems we can encounter if we don't ground the plotter :

my plotter does not cut and has no pressure - MH Series Vinyl Cutters - USCutter Forum

-------------------------

Leticasanova.fr