termagator

Flexi 8.5 help needed

This thread has started to go off the rails.

Nothing is off the rails. The Flexi software is doing what the OP is telling it to do. The design will never send to the vinyl cutter, when it is being held in Production Manager. "HOLD IN LIST". No matter what the connection is. The design will not send to the vinyl cutter until it is on SEND NOW. When Flexi software has a communication problem with incorrect com numbers, it throws out a "write port error." ,"cannot open port"  When the OP changes to SEND NOW and THEN gets a write port error,, cannot open port, then he has a communication problem between cutter and computer.  Look up write port error on the forum. You will see it is always Flexi that throws that error. I always tell those OPs to plug in their vinyl cutter into the computer when the computer is turned off, because it will jump it to another com number, then they won't match coms, if they plug it in while on. Use a dedicated computer and leave it plugged in. 

Unfortunately, termagator has us looping around within a three-page thread.

Look whose back in business,  sliceand dice , haumana & MZ SKEETR,  thanks for your help.  I could tell your patience was running low. The key was the send now. I went back to the 1st pic where I showed a shot where you could see the drop box, it showed " send now" but every one after that said hold.  I've used a bootleg copy of flexi 7.5 since 2007, and when that was no longer available,  I got this flexi starter 8.6 maybe around 2013. 

I have never noticed that send now drop window,  seems like a stupid thing to have, especially when I hit send, I'm gonna want it sent now. 

I'm not a very computer savy person  but I learned a little from the 3 of you. Also I think some of the pictures were maybe misinterpreted from time to time, like one yesterday,  I was trying to show that I only had com 2&3 in production manager setup.  When I took that pic  one of the USB were highlighted because it's the 1st one in the list. 

20240214_100236.jpg

Cool. One comment though, I would have either weeded the center or the P and Rs or not weeded the centers of the B.

Cool. One comment though, I would have either weeded the center or the P and Rs or not weeded the centers of the B.

I saw that when I was weeding it out, almost decided to cut the P & R's free- hand, also could left the B unweeded. 

And thanks for your help as well darcshadow

Screenshot_20240214_153025_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2