Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

some more of the work

What's the deal here?

PXL_20240107_105926535.thumb.jpg.752a55004efeed086dfa3d584d2953c1.jpg

It is due to worn out pinch rollers. I have put new ones in.

OIC.

I haven't heard about pinch-rollers going bad/wearing out, but I guess with enough spinning around (under pressure) onto the grit rollers they can do that eventually.

Did you replace the entire assembly or just the rubber wheels? Just curious, how you did that. Maybe it'll help someone to see what was involved? (tutorial/demonstration)

I just replaced pinch roller wheels on my Graphtec ce 5000, after 15 years, one was dry rotted the, other one had a flat spot on it. So, yeah they wear out.

OIC.

I haven't heard about pinch-rollers going bad/wearing out, but I guess with enough spinning around (under pressure) onto the grit rollers they can do that eventually.

Did you replace the entire assembly or just the rubber wheels? Just curious, how you did that. Maybe it'll help someone to see what was involved? (tutorial/demonstration)

When I bought this machine back in 2015, i was habitual of keeping the rollers pressed on to the grit rollers, sometimes with or sometimes without the vinyl film in between them. It caused the rubber to deform over a period of time. What I have learnt is not to keep rollers pressed for long

Yes, I only changed the rubber rollers, not the whole assembly. I found them on Ali express. The machine I have had 17 mm dia and 10 mm wide rollers with 4 mm as the bearing's ID. They were held on to the assembly using a pin going through the bearing hole with a circlip at each end of the pin.I took the circlip out, pulled the pin from one side, pulled the old roller, pout a new one in, pushed the pin through and refixed the circlip.

Otherwise, you can get a complete assembly as well which you need to insert from one side of the  machine

Please have a look at the photos

PXL_20240118_202452690.jpg

PXL_20240118_202502879.jpg

PXL_20240118_202512465.jpg

PXL_20240118_202542187.jpg

PXL_20240118_202544636.jpg

I just replaced pinch roller wheels on my Graphtec ce 5000, after 15 years, one was dry rotted the, other one had a flat spot on it. So, yeah they wear out.

15 years, looks like you looked after the machine quite well.

Yes, they do wear out but you can prolong their life by regularly cleaning them, not keeping them pressed for long time and some other easy tips which can be done in the spare time

Yeah, I take it apart a couple of times a year to give it a good cleaning, because I work in my garage, so it gets quite dusty and dirty.