sashatronics

My first big order

Well, even for fellow biker, still business is business. I did 72+bunch of extras  (decals that is) for dude.

First order,  after getting my plotter 3/4 weeks ago. They are two color ones,  and not hard to do, but look good!

pure.jpg

Guest fivestar

Them look very good, congrats on the order.

Guest Terry

Nice, How do you get two colors on the same backing?

Guest fivestar

You apply the transfer tape to the first color, peel it off the backing and apply the transfer tape and vinyl from the first color to the second color.  Hope that makes sense. It's actually simple.

Guest Terry

yup, I guess that won't work with large graphics.

Guest fivestar

Nope......I am by no means a pro, but I wouldn't recommend it without someone to help you, then I'd be scared.  :huh:

I know this is a very old topic, But I have a question. I see that you put the 2 colors on the same transfer tape, But what do you use for the new backing? Are the 2 backings split? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Ok, that was easy because he cut both colors the same size. But let say I want to do the biggest PURESTREETBIKE.COM decal, I would have to cut the whole thing in white PURESTREETBIKE.COM then remove and discard the white PURE. Then cut and weed the black PURE and place it where the white PURE was. I need to do it like this because I need a backing space for the black PURE.

How would you go about cutting only a black PURE and only white STREETBIKE.COM? Is this possible by using another backing?Or do I always have tu cut PURE in white and then discard it?

I do some 2 color decals like this and it always give some problems.

Joe

If you were using SB you could choose which color to cut without the added waste.  If you can I suggest downloading the free trial of SB, to see what you think.  I'm going to be cutting a 3 color design today, and using Sign Blazer will help with that extra waste, goodness knows I waste enough vinyl!  B)

Jenny

If you were using SB you could choose which color to cut without the added waste.  If you can I suggest downloading the free trial of SB, to see what you think.  I'm going to be cutting a 3 color design today, and using Sign Blazer will help with that extra waste, goodness knows I waste enough vinyl!  B)

Jenny

but you would still have to waste the area of white vinyl that will have the backing used by the red letters...

Jenny

but you would still have to waste the area of white vinyl that will have the backing used by the red letters...

Exactly! I can also cut one color at a time with signcut, but Im talking about the area itself.

Joe

OK, here is an image to make it clear.

layeringeu4.jpg

If I want a 2 color decal (image 1) I can cut them individually (image 2) Blue Joe and Red Camaro.

Now the problem is if I cut them individually (image 2) then I will have no space to fit Joe next to Camaro unless I cut the whole JoeCamaro in red (image 3) and discard the red Joe to place the blue Joe there or Just cut Camaro in red but I will still need an extra space to fit Joe in (image 4). So there is still material waste.

Unless you save and use a backing from another roll and place both individually cut items (image 2) on that backing. Now the problem would be on how to bring them both.

Joe

Guest Terry

Jenny

any program does it.

Guest Terry

Well for me it makes no difference, I only apply them my self.I never send decals out or small stuff. I just do large vehicles store fronts and apply myself. B)

I think going to a new backing would be the best in order to save some material, but if I use to different pieces of tape, one for each color, then I wont be able to make the decal stay on the backing, it will always remain stuck to the tape. So what I do then?

Joe

Joe, cut your design "Joe Camaro" out of both red and blue. Put a scrap piece of backing over the "Camaro" before you put your application tape on. Make your application tape the size of the entire design. Remove your application tape, scrap backing and the "Joe" part of the design. Do the same on the other color. You will have 2 "Joe" on the backing tape (one red and one blue) with the scrap application tape is still adhered to the back. Then you can swap the "Joe" from red to blue and visa versa. Does this make sense?

I understand what you mean, but the original problem was how to save material. I think I have to stop being cheap. Anyways, I think Im going to use your teachings for other things. Thanx.

Joe

In a way it would. But what if my Logo is blue Joe and red Camaro, then red Joe with blue Camaro will be of no use to me. It does saves material if color dont matter, but if they do, it matters, plus, what if I only need one? What do I do with the other?

I can do this:

I can cut each color individually (image 2) and do the scrap backing method you explained, stick them both in the same transfer tape piece and then move it to a blank backing piece.

You are a genius.

Joe

You still need to have the backing from somewhere else.