Goodwin

My first sign, shop window design

Thought I would show my first piece of work, this site has helped me loads over the past few weeks.

The sign is all 2 layer, black with silver letters or different colours for the icons.

As you can see I layered the lettering by hand using wet application before applying to the surface.

The vinyl was applied to the window by wet application, all went well apart from the line "Food and Accessories" where my registraion lines on the window werent straight!!!

Let me know what you think,

post-2503-12986520282254_thumb.jpg

post-2503-12986520283052_thumb.jpg

post-2503-12986520303276_thumb.jpg

post-2503-12986520303928_thumb.jpg

That looks good. The line that is off a bit doesn't look too bad. I know it's hard to tell unless you back away from it.. I usually have someone standing behind me to tell me.  Did you mark the glass with a china maker to make sure things were straight? I line up the TEXT on the lines. I don't use registration marks.

Guest Terry

That looks good. The line that is off a bit doesn't look too bad. I know it's hard to tell unless you back away from it.. I usually have someone standing behind me to tell me.  Did you mark the glass with a china maker to make sure things were straight? I line up the TEXT on the lines. I don't use registration marks.

Little extra for ya on the china marker..... I do free hand pinstripes on vehicles and I use a stabilo pencil, ( spell check on name of pencil) but it writes on glass and paint very fine tip pencil, any color... just a tip for ya so you don't have grease marker to remove, check at good art stores for one.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments and tips.

I used a paint pen on the inside of the window and applied the vinyl to the outside.

The line was drawn straight but my wife who was doing the "Left abit... Up abit... down abit..." job had to serve a customer so I lost my helper and ended up doing it on my own.

Yeah, thats the reason I got into cutting, I got some quotes from people in the area to do the shop front (more windows still to do) and the mpv, it worked out better for me to have a go myself then start doing other bits after that. Already got another job from people seeing the sign thats up.

My wife runs the store, I work full time in marketing and media design so have quite a good eye for what can work and know illustrator and other packages too.

Nice job, hope it gets you more work in the future.

Guest kenya

You should put something down in the corner like,

"Inquire about vinyl lettering inside". With a commerical

storefront to show your work, you should get all kinds of business.

Nice job!!

Nice job.. I always use reg marks, I think I would assemble them before putting them up.

Wayne